Thread: Lenovo ThinkPad W700 Docking trouble

Lenovo ThinkPad W700 Docking trouble

I presently obtained a new Lenovo W700 at work along with a Mini Dock. I am coming off by utilizing a T60p with dock and am used to how that single operated. I am having a number of troubles getting the system set up to my liking:
    1. On my T60p when I was wharf I had an "undock" choice in the start menu. Not so through the W700.
    2. On my older setup when I wharf the system defaulted to use the wired Ethernet connection. With the W700 the wireless stays active.

I like to work through the laptop docked and lid closed, as I have two monitors at my desk. All peripherals - keyboard, mouse, and two monitors - work properly when docked. I am able to make use of the Nvidia Control Panel to put the dual screens to my desired settings, and the whole thing works very well when I dock/undock. Should not there be an undock alternative in the start menu? If not, what is the correct sequence for undocking? My T60p's dock had a button you were able to push to begin the undocking sequence - the W700 Mini Dock does not. Any help here is valued.

Re: Lenovo ThinkPad W700 Docking trouble

I have the similar question, and have not been capable to discover any information on this. I am curious if other users do that button in their start menu. Also I have the system turn wireless off when docked would be pleasant too! And regarding this I am little bit of curious if mine is missing some Lenovo software since it was given a fresh image.

Not as far as I acquainted with. Do a "hot" undock, open the lid, shut it to go on standby. Make use of the switch on the front for control of wireless utility. I have not encountered any solemn matters in doing this; it is presently a bit of a PITA compared to how the T60p worked. So related to this I know only this much and I hope this information will going to help you.

The Lenovo W700/701 make use of a Port Replicator, not a factual docking station. As such, no docking profile is shaped in the Operating System so the user will not observe the "undock" choice when clicking on the Start button in Windows. So at the present the question is "How do I undock"? The Port Rep is warming swappable in theory you are able to presently eject the system. In practice, any device fond of such as a USB HDD should be stopped first. You are not able to either do this manually through the Operating System or run Lenovo's Easy Eject utility. And in this I have never tried the WLAN to LAN switching when attached to the Port Rep, so I will not undertaking the guess but your explanation of turning off WLAN via hardware switch makes sense.