Thread: R52 battery is not able to charge

R52 battery is not able to charge

My R52 will not recharge the battery. I have used three different power cords and many different outlets but the battery will not recharge. I took the battery out and plugged the power cord into the outlet but the R52 will not power on or boot up. I have very little battery left - it’s just dwindling down. Any idea what it could be and how I can fix it? Thank you in advance for your help.

Re: R52 battery is not able to charge

Even I am having some battery related issues. I have a R52 laptop, and it did a great job, the screen is good too. But just I found some problems. The battery could not charge, few seconds after connecting power supply, it could not charge. When laptop run with 100% power supply, everything is OK, the difficulty just happens when battery capacitance is below 50%.along with that when connected with exterior power supply, charge and run from external power, there is something wrong with the laptop. Sometimes, it would not react at all, but when you pull out the power pin, it could work in general again.
    Really hope your help and suggestion, thank you so much!

It sounds like a battery problem, in this world, not all brand laptop battery could be perfect, and they all have certain failure rate. And situation like yours, I advise doing an absolute test on your battery, because of your battery failure, so you cannot charge it normally from external power, and then system motherboard power supply is not stable, so such symptom would happen.
    I think hardware problem occupies large percentage, possibly there is little wrong with the power part on the motherboard, or the adapter’s power is too small that is the reason for power problem. So when you make use of the battery, motherboard power supply would be not enough, then system fails to run normally, lastly abnormal symptom happens to your laptop.

This is possibly be difficulty with the BIOS in your laptop. Have you checked the power setting under the BIOS? If you are not capable of finding or realizing this then you be able to download the latest BIOS update and install that to your computer. Many of the time I have seen the updating the BIOS solves the troubles like this. Along with that you can do this you might go to control panel and click on power settings and see what is set up. Base is usually 15 minutes for everything.. Simply reset timer to never on everything and to the appearance setting and change the timer on the screen saver. Hope you got what you want.