Thread: Windows7 32 bit: No audio on Satellite U300 – 151

Windows7 32 bit: No audio on Satellite U300 – 151

Dear Friends,

Recently I have installed the windows 7 operating system on my Toshiba Satellite U300-151 model. After installing that when I tried to play some music then I found that I was not able to hear the audio. Before installing this, I was having the Windows XP installed which was not having any problem like this. I am not able to understand that what is the reason behind this issue and how can I solve this. If you have any suggestion for me then please post it over here. I will be thankful to all the replies.

Re: Windows7 32 bit: No audio on Satellite U300 – 151

You should check whether you are able to here the audio through headphone. If that is the case then you should check the properties for the internal speakers. Check whether it state that they are working. If so then you should remove the headphone and try to run the troubleshooter for audio. See the details and the comments made by the program.

This may be problem with the driver that is installed on your laptop. It may have installed the wrong driver and which is creating the problem for you. If it is the problem with the driver then you have to go to the manufacturer site and download the appropriate audio driver for your model. Install that to your system and this may solve the issue for you. In many of the cases like this I have seen that installing the driver again solves the issue. You should also give it a try.

Your sound chip may be malfunctioned. You can try this to solve the issue. Remove the battery and AC adapter and close the power switch for 10 seconds. Reattach the battery and AC adapter again. Turn on the computer by pressing the power button and instantly press the F2 key when it is displaying the Toshiba logo. Press F9 button and this will restore the BIOS to its default settings. After that press F10 and save and exit that. This will restart the computer and may solve the problem.

There may be problem with the operating system which you have installed in your computer. There are many files on the operating system and many of them are for the audio and if there are some files which are corrupted and that is to be used while operating with the audio then this may cause the issue. You can try to install the operating system again but this time with a new Bootable CD.