Thread: Microphone is not working in Toshiba Satellite L505D-S5965

Microphone is not working in Toshiba Satellite L505D-S5965

I have recently purchased a brand new Toshiba Satellite L505D-S5965 laptop. initially it was having windows Vista in it and later on i updated it to windows 7. The thing here is that from the time i have upgraded the operating system my micro phone seems to be not working. My speakers are doing well but some times they also go down as i hear no sound from them. I don't know what it wrong with it and also not able to solve the issue, Dose anyone ever has faced this problem if yes than please let me know how to solve this.

Re: Microphone is not working in Toshiba Satellite L505D-S5965

I have gone through your problem and it seems to me that the upgradation has caused this problem. as mentioned by you that you were using the windows vista earlier and then shifted to windows 7, and i am sure that your microphone was working fine on that. So what you have to so in this case is that just uninstall the windows 7 and then install the fresh and the original copy of the same. I hope that reinstalling the operating system will help yo to resolve the problem.

It may have happen that while upgrading the operating system your sound driver have got corrupted and that is the reason why you are not able to use it. So you have to install the appropriate driver again and then see whether the whether it is working or not. Make sure that you are installing the drivers which are compatible with the system and and also with the windows 7 operating system which will not give any problems in future.

According to me there is some thing wrong with the microphone that you are using. Try and use any other mic and see whether it is working with the laptop or not. if it works than there is definitely something wrong with the mic that you are using so replace the mic with the latest one. I am sure that changing the mic will help your cause and you will be able to use the microphone with Toshiba Satellite L505D-S5965 to its greater effect.

To solve this issue first of all you have to install the appropriate drivers in this case you require the audio driver for this laptop. So you have to download this drivers from the official site and then you have to install it on the system of yours. Once the installation process is over then you have to follow the below mention steps:
    • First of all click on the start.
    • And then you have to select control pane.
    • After that you have to select the sound option under the control panel.
    • once you will select the sound option than a new window will open containing four tabs in it "playback","Recordings", "Sounds", "communication".
    • In that you have to select the recordings tab
    • Under the recordings you will find microphone just enter the properties of it by right clicking on it.
    • After that you have to increase the microphone boost.

Then you are done with it and i hope that at least this one will hep you to make your microphone work