Thread: Motorola Droid on PagePlus

Motorola Droid on PagePlus

I have been using the Windows mobile 6.x smart phone form past few months. After experiencing this phone I tried the Sony Ericsson and Motorola Droid. I like the both one but I mostly prefer to go for Droid first. Now currently I am using the pageplus plan of $30/month with 1200 minutes + 50MB of data. This plan is enough for me checking email when traveling and in some other situation. Although it is recommended that the droid phones also requires data plan. But I don’t on Verizon whether the droid works properly on PagePlus. If it works also can I use the GPS functions?

Re: Motorola Droid on PagePlus

I think the Verizon has already banned the Droid from the activation on Page Plus. This is because that the Pageplus plans are so much better than the Verizon own plans. PagePlus uses Verizon infrastructure only. That means Page Plus is a reseller of Verizon Wireless. If Pageplus had to purchase services from Verizon Wireless, they might be out of business now.

Page Plus is a prepaid service provider that also sells a variety of Android-powered phones. You can now activate the Motorola Droid on Pageplus without any issues. First thing you have notice in the unsupported phone. Do you have data enabled in your PP account? The PP often disables data in unsupported phone but CS will assert that data is set off by default. If you own a Droid phone, you must initial turn on the device to utilize it with Page Plus. As of November 2010, you must pay a $10 fee to activate the phone.

As far as I know the PagePlus will no longer activate (or ESN swap) data plan on smartphone. They chunk by the manufacturer code- all HTC-built and smart-branded phones are blocked. I don’t know how they succeeded in detecting droids. But I think the omnias are still fine. The manufacturer code method or IMO is almost certainly an impermanent "emergency" measure- I suspect Verizon will ultimately need PP to obstruct by ESN/MEID removing all smartphone activations. The same action Verizon done on their PAYG plans.