Thread: USB Ethernet Adaptor does not works with either of the USB ports in macbook air

USB Ethernet Adaptor does not works with either of the USB ports in macbook air

I am using macbook pro and i have recently purchased an Apple USB Ethernet Adapter MB442Z/A. I was using it with my air without any problem. But today when i tried to plug it in my air, then it stopped working. I have tried to plug in both the USB ports, but it is not working in any of the ports. I am able to see it in the System Profiler, but when i go to the network settings, then it says that "cable is not plugged". Is there anyone who is having some solution regarding this issue? I am looking to get out of this problem as early as possible, so please help.

Re: USB Ethernet Adaptor does not works with either of the USB ports in macbook air

I am also getting the same problem, but in my case it is working in my left USB port. But when i try it with the right USB, then it does not work. I am not able to understand that why i am getting this problem as still my macbook is 6 months old. Can any suggest me any solution to work it on my right USB. Please try to post you reply as early as possible, because i am eagerly waiting for it. any help regarding this will be appreciated.Thanks.

Re: USB Ethernet Adaptor does not works with either of the USB ports in macbook air

I will advise you to check your USB port by plugging some other devises in it and if it works fine then there is some problem in you adapter. If even the other device does not work in you USB port, then your USB port might be dead. In case you are having the problem with the USB adapter, then in this case i will advise you to make a contact with the apple support team as your adapter is still in the warranty period. Hope have helped you.

I have a fine solution for solving this problem. So i will suggest you to go through the following steps. First try to go to the System Preferences in your macbook. Then try to go to Network. After that go to the advanced option. Here you will require clicking on "Renew DHCP Lease". Once you try this, so now try to plug you USB adapter in your air and i think that this time it will work fine. If this does not solves the problem, then reply me back.