Thread: How to transfer data from MacBook to MacBook air

How to transfer data from MacBook to MacBook air

I am using a macbook at my home and recently i have purchased a new macbook air. I am having both this laptops at my home. I am doing a project on my mackook and i am now requiring transferring my project (i.e data) to my macbook air. Can you suggest me any solution for solving this problem? I greatly need your help regarding this. Do help me out. Thanks.

Re: How to transfer data from MacBook to MacBook air

I have a solution for this problem. So I will advise you to go through the following steps. If you are using a wireless network on the macbook, then you will require to, set up File Sharing. You can do this by going to the System Preferences and then going to Sharing option. You will also require doing this set up on your macbook air. When you are trying to do that one air try to select the Macbook via network. Try this out as it will definitely help you in solving your issue. If you have any success related with this, then try to reply me back.

I will recommend you to purchase an Ethernet adapter. You will require hooking your macbook with the macbook air using this adapter. I am also using the same technique at my home to transfer the data from my macbook to macbook air. You will not face any problem while transferring the data and even the transfer rate is faster as compared to other means. It is also more reliable than other modes of transfer. Hope it will help you out.

In order to do this transfer I will suggest you to use an external drive with a clone of the older machine. This clone can be created with the help of SuperDuper. Then try to connect the external drive with the macbook air with the help of a USB. Then try to move the data. For moving the data you can make the use of Migration assistant. So try this solution on your machine and let me know if you have any success regarding this problem.

I was also looking for the same solution, so i have tried the solution of setting up File Sharing and it has really helped me out in solving my issue. I have also tried the solution of using the Ethernet adapter and i would like to tell you that it is also working well. I have transferred large amount of data from my macbook to air using the Ethernet adapter. I think both the solutions were really wonderful, so I will like to thank you for the kind support which you have provided to me.