Thread: Problem with apple wired keyboard

Problem with apple wired keyboard

I am using windows 7 operating system on my desktop. I have connected my desktop to a wired keyboard of Apple Company. It works fine but sometimes when i click on the buttons to pause the songs or open the DVD writer it fails to work. Sometimes the keyboard also freezes in between then I need to restart the system. I can’t identify whether there is some driver problem or the keyboard isn’t compatible with the operating system.

Re: Problem with apple wired keyboard

The apple keyboard installation and usability is very much easier. There is no need of any other driver package or additional software. You can simply insert USB cable into USB port of keyboard and it starts working. There is slight a little difference between the functioning of the keys. The keyboard freezing problem is solved. If you are using the MAC operating system then you need to install the additional driver(3.0) package .

I was using windows 2000 operating system. But due to some reason I switched to windows 7 operating system. Now my keyboard is facing some problem such as delaying the input, freezing etc. I don’t think there are compatibility issues with different versions of operating system. There might be problem in your hardware components. You should update your device manager and then restart you system. you can also unplug your keyboard and then plug it.

When I was using SP3 operating system I was not facing any of the problems of hardware or peripherals. But due to some reason I had to install another other windows 7 operating system on the same desktop. When I use older versions SP3 there is no problem with the keyboard but while using windows 7 operating system the keyboard doesn’t works. There might be problem with your operating system such that it is not installed properly. Try to repair the windows 7 operating system.

I am using 2008 Mac Pro and a Windows PC. Both of these operating system share same hardware devices through KVM switch. I am having Apple wired keyboard with numeric keypad which works smoothly without any additional drivers installed. It works fine with my windows vista. I want to get Apple wired keyboard which doesn’t have a numeric pad. I don’t need the numeric pad but I need the keys such as end, page up & page down. But while using with Mac Pro it has its own way of stimulating these keys. However these keys combination won’t work with windows vista. You should use some vista keyboard mapping software or sue the keyboard driver of apple for windows vista (32-bit).