Thread: Using apple keyboard on windows xp

Using apple keyboard on windows xp

Even though I am frightened to say it, I am a windows user as much as a Mac user (even though I utilize primarily macs). My dell keyboard presently broke and I desire to utilize an innovative apple keyboard by means of it as an alternative of a PC one, primarily for the reason that of superiority. I be familiar by means of with the intention of this has been covered in the discussion previous to, additional than I necessitate a bit additional convincing. Is an apple keyboard capable to function completely by means of windows XP. Determine to the USB ports run are there several drivers needed/error messages with the intention of people encompass encountered. Apologetic to be determined, additional than I am going out of town and shall be spending a number of time. As long as my USB ports are in running order be supposed to have no tribulations at the entire short of the windows start menu key misplaced off the apple keyboard. A keyboard is a keyboard. USB is worldwide serial bus so why be supposed to you have encomprise this tribulations.

Re: Using apple keyboard on windows xp

You had got XP to be recognizable by means of it right away. I have by no means had a predicament utilizing my Apple keyboard and mouse previous to (on Windows 98 and Windows 2000), additional than at my present work, I have XP, and it would not be recognizable by means of the keyboard. I had to get a diminutive piece of shareware to get it to run. For the innovative position you be able to in addition utilize your Apple Mouse. I have comprised and essentially converted two of my coworkers (most of them are the entire Wintel at run) to Apple Mice for the reason by means of the intention of they loved excavation so much. Yes My XP box popped up and told me it was their and then it in addition came up and supposed it was a I have utilized apple keyboards by means of windows and linux previous to and they run great, I have yet to locate a keyboard I similar to additional than the apple pro keyboard, allot of gamers utilize them at present. Additional than I have heard regarding the Bluetooth keyboard not running well by means of XP. I utilize an apple pro keyboard at to run on my wintel box. The command key does the similar as the windows key, and the entire additional keys immediately seem to run. I am using windows 2003 server.

A small number of months reverse I had associated the keyboard by means of the intention of came by means of my eMac (Would this be measured the "Pro" keyboard) to my Win2k PC. Not merely did it be familiar by means of it and mechanically start running, additional than the eject and volume keys worked immediately as they are hypothetical to. The three volume keys run presently extremely well. I do not recall if the eject key worked or not. The entire the additional keys worked as predictable. There is a piece of shareware called AppleK Pro by means of the intention of permits you to utilize the entire of the typical Mac shortcuts such as command-s, command-w, screenshot combos, etc. Extremely cool! You be able to in addition utilize your Apple Mouse. I have essentially converted two of my coworkers (most of them are the entire Wintel at run) to Apple Mice for the reason by means of the intention of they appreciated excavation so much. I feel incomplete by the single button even on a mac. They do not miss the right button and the scrollwheel. I feel incomplete by the solitary button even on a mac. Essentially, it was the scroll wheel by means of the intention of had one of them wanting a dissimilar mouse.

You be familiar with I tranquil not be able to figure with the intention of one out. When would you not desire your numeral pad to be turned on. Weird Windows people. I have comprised and in addition by no means understood why Windows keyboards utilize the word "Enter" for together the carriage return and the enter. It in addition creates it dangerous to write directions. As an alternative of "Press Enter", I encompass to identify, "Press the Enter button on your numeral pad. Windows comes defaulting by means of Num Lock twisted ON. So they do desire the number pad and the subsequent. I do not be familiar by means of what you mean, additional than Enter on the keyboard and enter on the num pad do the exact identical thing. I have comprised and had systems at run that defaulting to NumLock OFF each time you boot up. And even when it's ON, you are hurdle to unintentionally hammer it off and spend 30 seconds baffled endeavoring to figure out why the numbers you are typing are not there. As for Enter open up Excel. Type incredible into a cell and then press "Enter". Type incredible into by means of the intention of cell and then hit the additional "Enter". One recognize the data and acts as a Carriage Return. The additional basically accepts the data. Apple runs in addition treats them in a different way.

I had originate by means of the intention of XP did not encompass the right keyboard map for the UK apple keyboard, are swapped and almost immediately. To fix these tribulations I eliminate the Driver CD commencing bootcamp and originate the keyboard driver for XP. This has given me the accurate keyboard map and got the eject switch variety of running which was dead previous to. What I was wondering does anybody be familiar by means of a way to reprogram the volume keys and eject keys to do incredible else. I would much have a preference them to skip tracks than revolutionize volume and do the Windows display lock. I have comprised at present tried KeyTweaK, and I am frightened its tranquil not permitted me to remap the keys I desire. I imagine they are hardwired so to speak and not probable to revolutionize it.

The Apple Keyboard is complete size and contains the entire the similar keys as your typical PC keyboard they are immediately labeled in a different way. The entire you necessitate to do is give the impression of being in the identical place you would expect the keys to be. F14 is Print Screen, F16 is Pause/Break, comprehensible is numlock, and for 2ms's query, "help" would be the "Insert" key. If you actually desire full functionality by means of the Apple Keyboard you might take the keyboard drivers commencing Boot Camp and install them. You determine to get utilize of the volume and Eject keys. I have comprised and immediately bought the aluminum mac keyboard subsequent to being assured with the intention of it would run by means of my PC and Windows XP. Most of it does except for one significant characteristic. I have no method of typing the @ sign (how did I do it then, copy/paste) I immediately feel affection for the give the impression of being and feel of the thing and would actually similar to maintain it additional than unless some of you people out be able to assist it determine to have to go back and get a number of the other functions to run.