Thread: Nokia E5 Email set-up problems

Nokia E5 Email set-up problems

I have been using Nokia E5 from last 1 month. But ever since i try to set up my personal account on the phone it shows some kind of error. Whenever I try to set up my personal email account i.e.Yahoo mail on my Nokia E5 i receive an error message which shows that i need some permission or some access from the network provider. After that I followed the set up process and all the process ran normally. It simply displays the Yahoo mail screen and also says that it is ready to start and starts connecting to the network. But unfortunately after few seconds it switches back to the messaging screen and displays a message that says that No Mail box is selected. I went through this almost 3-4 times but still having the same issue. Can anyone please give some useful tips to solve this issue... Any one having any idea about this topic can post their replies..

Re: Nokia E5 Email set-up problems

Their are two possible reasons for this kind of problem :
    • You must not be having proper high bandwidth internet connection..
    • The Access point you are using may not be well defined..

Solutions for this problem is:
    1. Request your service provider to activate high speed bandwidth internet connectivity..
    2. Create one mailbox from the Nokia Email site..

If still you are having the same problem then,
    • Format your mobile phone..
    • After formatting the mobile phone you will be able to define a new mailbox.

How to set up an internet email account(Yahoo or Google).. Following are the steps which you must follow in order to create an Email account..
    STEPS:-

1. select Set-up email option from the homescreen..
    2. When you will run the Set-up wizard application , you will be able to see a list of supported email clients – Gmail, Yahoo, Windows etc. Select anyone you want to have..
    3. Enter your Email and password ..
    4. Done with the setup process..

According to me, the problem is either with the access point which might have not defined properly or with the internet connection in your device. I mean the service provider may not be providing high bandwidth internet. You can ask the service provider to activate high bandwidth internet connection on your device. You can simply set up the email account on the mobile phone by simply following the set-up wizard and by following some simple steps. And still if the problem exist then you can format the device and after formatting the device you can create a new email account.. I Hope this information helps you!!!!

hi i have nokia e5 and my email not working,when i try to create mailbox i see this msg (enable te create mailbox) my access point is working with all programes just email,may you halp me pls,thnx.

Quote Originally Posted by s.younes View Post
    hi i have nokia e5 and my email not working,when i try to create mailbox i see this msg (enable te create mailbox) my access point is working with all programes just email,may you halp me pls,thnx.
    Have you made sure you have a packet data access point set up on your phone. Alternatively you can also select "Other" and set up your email manually which is what I do. Have you already set up mobile internet on your phone yet? You need to activate it by saving the gprs setting provided by your mobile service provider then you can use the internet on your mobile phone.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

hi,all of this i made it before(data access point,internet accss pnt,i tried other)and my internet is working perfectly just email,thnks

Quote Originally Posted by s.younes View Post
    hi,all of this i made it before(data access point,internet accss pnt,i tried other)and my internet is working perfectly just email,thnks
    Try the below steps to set up gmail account in your Nokia E5 mobile phone and see if that works for you or not:
    1. First of all on the homescreen, select Set-up email
    2. After that once the Set-up wizard application is running, you should see a list of supported email clients – Gmail, Yahoo, Windows etc. Select the one you wish to create.
    3. Next enter your email and password (the same one you use on your desktop) and it will be done.