Thread: Nokia N8 cannot locate position on OVI Map

Nokia N8 cannot locate position on OVI Map

I have installed the OVI map on my Nokia n8 smart phone. It is working quite well as I expected. The ovi map cannot search my location. In case if I want the location I have to go to the application settings and turn on the positioning method manually. This is not the big problem. When I reboot my phone the problem continues. Again I have to turn on the positioning system from the application settings. How is this happening? Is this the default settings of the application or the phone itself? How to fix this ?

Re: Nokia N8 cannot locate position on OVI Map

OVI maps are a free service provided by the Nokia Corporation for N8 and also for the smart phones. It is a mapping product which contains voice guided navigation a (46 different languages) and maps for more than 180 counties. In the location application set the all the positioning methods to on excluding Bluetooth Global positioning system. Save those settings and reboot the phone. Still you are facing problem ask the Nokia service provider.

As you might aware of the latest OVI map contains several good features like weather service, 3d building, night view, turn by turn solution. So all you have to do is get the new version from the Beta Labs. In offline mode the positioning system is working only with Integrate GPS. See the satellite status of your Nokia N8.

I think you don’t have much patience. The GPS locator takes several minutes to find the location of the user. If you are inside the house or building you cannot get the position. If there are high buildings around you then you will probably not going to get the location. Go to an open place and try it without moving the phone all around. Within 15-20 minutes you can’t find the position then I urge you to reset the phone. May be this could help you.

There is a problem in OVI map. The some sort of technique in map uses multiple methods to track the position. The GPS signal in the app looses every time. Because of this the issue might be disables every time you boot. It is still unsolved. Reset the settings to default in the ovi map. i think the OS on your mobile is automatically setting the application. Try older version of map application, may it will be going work correctly.
    Last edited by Sharanya; 30-10-2010 at 11:05 AM.