Thread: How to dissconnect wifi in Nokia N8

How to dissconnect wifi in Nokia N8

Hi I have recently purchased a brand new nokia N8 and it serving me the best till now. I am happy that i own a phone like N8 it has all the latest features in it. But the thing here is that i have WLAN connection at my home and i generally surf the net on my laptop and some times i also use my mobile phone for surfing. Whenever i turn on my wifi and starts using it it works fine but after using it it still remains open. I have tried to off the wifi and it still shows me on my screen. I don't know why this thing is happening. In fact till the time it is on it consumes all the battery of my phone. Please help me in solving the problem as soon as possible because it is draining all my battery. Also let me know what is the reason behind it. Does anybody ever have this problem if yes than please tell me you got rid of it.

Re: How to dissconnect wifi in Nokia N8

I have gone through your problem and it seems to me that you have not done it in the correct manner. The thing here is that if you have to turn your wifi off in the proper way then you have to follow the below steps:
    • First of all go to the menu
    • Then select the settings
    • after that you have to select the connectivity option in settings.
    • Than under that you will find the WLAN option.
    • Just click on the WLAN option.
    • Then highlight your connection disconnect wlan
    • Then it will not appear in the pop-up screen.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

It seems to me that you have gone just one step further, If you are disconnected from your WLAN, Then it is possible that your phone is still "scanning" for accessible networks, which will use up your battery as much as possible because the wifi component is still active.
    If you have to turn off the wifi then you have to do the following Go to Menu > Settings> Connectivity |>Wi-Fi.
    In case if you see the list of accessible networks or a message say no networks found, then you can assume that the scanner is still active. In this case, continue to: Options (left soft key) > Settings>and then make sure that you set the settings to set "Show Wi-Fi availability" to "never".
    What it will do is completely deactivate wi-fi scanning. And will not provide you the same problem again and again. You can also use the wifi wizard that will help you to turn of and on your wifi in one click.

I am also having the same problem where my wifi remains on even it is turned of. The thing here is that i am also facing an unusual problem that my wifi turn on automatically also. I don't know why it is happening. Please help me to get rid of it. Also i have reset the all the settings but still it behaving in the same manner. I have try to contact the nokia gallery but it seems to me that they are not responding to me. Also i have set my wifi availability to "NEVER" still the same thing is happening. What should i do the to solve this problem. I s hard resetting will fix it. Or i have to update the firmware.

Disconnect your wlan first

1) goto settings>connectivity>settings
    2) select destinations
    3) select internet
    4) press and hold other inetrnet service available other than wlan.
    5) change priority of wlan to second .
    6) then in connectivity>settings
    7) switch to wlan is ---manual
    8) data use in home network is --- always ask
    9) data use when roaming --- always ask
    10) if connected disconnet your wlan network

it won't connect automatically and will coneect when u manually connect it and will disconnect when u disconnect

it has worked sucessfully for me ....

Guys if you have same problem persisiting just reply.... i will provide u details meticulously......