Thread: iTunes 10 Freezing with Windows 7

iTunes 10 Freezing with Windows 7

I have iTune 10 installed on my computer. It was running fine for some days but from last week I am facing problem with that. I found that my iTunes 10 freezes very often. When I start to listen the songs on iTune then after playing one or two songs it get freezes and I am not able to use anything on that. To end that, I have to go to task manager and from there I have to end that manually. I am using Windows 7 Operating System. I don’t know the reason behind this and so I cannot do anything to fix this issue. Please tell me that what can I do to fix this issue? Thank you.

Re: iTunes 10 Freezing with Windows 7

I was also facing the same problem with my iTunes. I tried many things to solve the problem but all that was just the waste of time. After all these, one of my friends suggested me to uninstall the Apple programs. I did the same. I uninstalled all the applications like QuickTime, Bonjour, Apple application support and iTunes. You should make sure that you have taken the backup of your library previous to doing that. After that I installed that applications again and found that it did the trick and the freezing problem never came back after that.

How many songs do you have in the library? If you have songs in a large number in the library then it may also cause freezing of the application. In my case I was having about 80 GB of songs and was getting the same problem with the iTune. I was also searching for the solution and finally when I removed many songs from the list then it also takes the issue away. I am not saying that it is the reason for you also but it is one of the possible reasons in this case.

To fix this bug, I uninstalled the apple products which were installed on my computer and apply the hot fix. I have given the link for the hot fix below and you can refer that to solve the problem for you. By the way reinstalling the iTunes solves the problem for me.

Click here to go to Windows 7 hotfix

I think that you have problem with the iTune setup. That may be corrupted and therefore it is getting hanged. Just uninstall the existing iTune from your computer and install that again. See whether it solves the problem for you or not? If it persist the problem then you should download the new setup from internet and install that to your computer. This will create new files to the system for the iTunes and may solve the issue for you. I hope that it will help you to get out of this issue.