Thread: Memory card not opening in nokia 6600

Memory card not opening in nokia 6600

I have odd difficulty with nokia 6600 mobile. Its clear button, 0 and push side of direction buttons are not working but the remaining keys are functioning fine. Gallery is even not working when I try to start gallery the phone hangs and I have to restart the phone in the same way when I try to start camera the phone hangs and it needs a restart.

Re: Memory card not opening in nokia 6600

I am using nokia 6600 mobile phone its old but I still use it. problem is when I take a snap means this message is coming provisional over load and snap is not saving but video is functioning and it saving images also and gallery is not opening quickly it takes some time to open it . Real player is not functioning; Blue-tooth is noting getting on. I am using 64 MB memory card mmc card is full of screen saver and videos when I open the gallery means it take some time to open it but it open when I open real player to play videos and songs means its showing no data and infra red open means its blinking . I done format also by pressing *3call button and on of switch format is completed but all are worked for some time only after that same problem so please kindly solve my problem as soon as possible.

Confirm that phone does not have a discharge battery. Charge phone awaiting battery icon shows a full charge indication. Save all personal data to a removable memory card. Turn off phone and remove memory card. Turn on phone. When phone is fully powered up, key in the following sequence, "#7370#". Answer "Yes" when phone asks if you really want to format phone. Enter pass code "12345" when the Nokia 6600 asks for the confirmation code. Wait while phone reformat. The process may take a few minutes. Replace the memory card and restore personal data.

I have faced the same problem before. So follow the method I said it might solve your problem Put the card in Card Reader, and then do a full format on it to erase everything. Then format it again using FAT or FAT32, in the middle of formatting, cancel the formatting, this should corrupt the card. Then put the card in the phone, and go to Extras and MMC, it will say Card Corrupt, Do you want to Format, select Yes. If it doesn’t then try another MMC in the phone, if it works then it’s the Card which is totally damaged. As far as I know, removing the card when reading usually only corrupts it but shouldn’t stop it working after a full format.