Thread: My 2010 15" MBP has constant Wifi dropouts

My 2010 15" MBP has constant Wifi dropouts

Hello,
    I have a 2010 15" MBP with me and i normally connect it with wifi. The problem is that, my 2010 15" MBP has constant Wifi dropouts. This dropouts sometime occur very minutes. I very time require to reconnect with the router. I want to tell you one thing that i have never faced such a problem on my system. Is there any one who is getting the same problem on their system? I am now looking for a solution in order to fix this issue. Do any one have knowledge related with this problem. Please provide me the appropriate help. I would like to get this problem solved as early as possible. I am open to advices. Thanks.
    Last edited by Bhai-Log; 21-10-2010 at 11:43 AM.

Re: My 2010 15" MBP has constant Wifi dropouts

Even the same problem i am facing on my 2010 15" MBP. I am using mbp's from several years and i agree with your thought. From this past experience, i have noticed that wifi reception is average, internet is generally slower and even the connection drops. I also face the problem that when i try to reconnect, then it does not connected. This issues are faced by me every day. So i would like to have a solution for this issue. If any one is having any solution please share you thoughts with your reply.

I would like to recommend you to downloading AirRadar.There might be case that other networks might be interfering with your connectivity. So with the help of this you will be able to see that what other networks are there which are interfering your connectivity. Once you know that you can now make settings for your channel on the RG . This has solved my problem and i feel that it will even solve your problem as well. So you can try this out and see the what outcome you get after trying this solution. I hope it will help you. For further queries you can post your reply and i will definitely provide you the appropriate help.

Dr. V Guest

I think there would be problem with the driver on your machine. So you will require to go to the reinstall the driver and then check the outcome. I will even advice you to update you drivers. You will even require to check the range of your router. Is you router located very far away or is there any wall between you system or router? You try to connect by changing the place. I wold also like to advice you to check whether there is any application open which is using your internet. If so then close it and check the result. I hope that if you will try this solutions which i have provided then you will definitely be able to solve your issue on the router.

Thanks for the reply. I have tried all the above instruction given by you. I tried to reinstall the driver and i have also updated the driver. I feel that there was no problem with my driver, but the problem was that my machine was not getting the proper signal strength. Due to this reason i changed my position and now i am getting the highest signal strength and my problem is being solved as well. So thanks for the reply once again.