Thread: Blackberry Torch sync with Office 2010 Beta Outlook

Blackberry Torch sync with Office 2010 Beta Outlook

I am currently running the beta version of Office 2010. I would like to sync my Blackberry Torch with Outlook 2010 but that problem is that I'm unable to do so. I think Blackberry Torch doesn't have software that allows the Blackberry Desktop Manager to sync with Outlook 2010. I thought that the issue is with the beta version but it doesn't appear on others. What is the problem with my computer then?

Re: Blackberry Torch sync with Office 2010 Beta Outlook

Since Blackberry Torch was recently launched, I don't think Outlook 2010 will work with it. You must wait for drivers from Blackberry for the support. However, if you want it then I would suggest you to just uninstall Outlook 2010 and then reinstall Outlook 2007. You can then sync Blackberry with Outlook 2007 since Blackberry supports it. Once done, you can uninstall Outlook 2007 and then reinstall Outlook 2010. You may now retry syncing your Blackberry Torch.

Do you really require Outlook or you can use Outlook Express for syncing your Blackberry Torch ? If you can then I would suggest to go open Outlook Express, sync it and then you can import all of your data onto your Outlook 2010. You may need to determine the default email service. This helps while syncing various accounts with your Blackberry Desktop Manager to ensure the data is transferring properly! I would also like to tell you that Blackberry Desktop Manager can only sync contact and calendar but not notes or anything else.

Do you want to say that you can't sync with Blackberry ? This doesn't happened to me and I am also using Outlook 2010 Beta. I don't think its an outlook related problem but according to me it appears to me Blackberry desktop manager that you are having is an older version. I think you should upgrade to a newer version and see if it works. Also make sure which version of Office 2010 you are running because 32-bit sync software will not work with 64-bit Outlook.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

No its not the problem of BlackBerry Desktop Manager. Actually this problem has already been reported to BlackBerry and they are aware about this problem. Basically the problem occurs because Microsoft have made some changes in the MAPI connector. So they have decided to create their own for 64-bit version on Office 2010. So you have to wait for RIM to release an update to DM.

Here is how you can sync your Blackberry Torch with Outlook 2010:
    1. Install BlackBerry Desktop Software on your computer.
    2. Launch BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
    3. Connect USB cable of your BlackBerry into your computer.
    4. Click Synchronize.
    5. Tick on the Synchronize organizer data checkbox.
    6. Go to the Configuration tab and click on the Configure synch… button.
    7. Choose the folder that you want your BlackBerry to synchronize. This is where you specify from where you have to sync your data. You also specify the application that you are using to sync data from.
    8. Again go to Synchronize tab and click on the "Synchronize now" button.