Thread: 4.1 kills battery on iPhone 3GS

4.1 kills battery on iPhone 3GS

Hi i am using the iPhone 3GS from last few months and the thing is that it use to work the best of all and also i am happy that i own a iPhone. The other thing here is that earlier when i was using the same phone with the version 4.02 operating system than the system was running fine and no complaints what so ever. But as i have shifted from 4.02 to 4.1 it is also working fine but the thing is that it uses lot of battery, I can never fully recharge my phone because it takes 4 hours to charge it fully.

Re: 4.1 kills battery on iPhone 3GS

It seems to me that you are on the wrong track, the first and the foremost thing that i would like to tell you that even though the iPhone 3GS supports the version 4.1 operating system still i want you to use the 4.02 only because the version 4.1 is mainly created for the other iPhone and high in standards than the 3GS. So better to switch over back to the original one which will not give you any problem what so ever.

No i don't think that the 4.1 is killing your phones battery in fact now a days almost all the iPhone give battery problems after the installation and the other thing here is that update is necessary but make sure that you will not do it again and again which will damage the memory of your mobile phone. IT may have also happen that some of the data have got corrupted due to the update and which is consuming all the power of yours.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

I have gone through your problem and it seems to me that there is something wrong with the setting of your mobile phone that other thing is that this is not the first time that the Apple phones are facing the problem in fact it is on the regular basis users are having the battery problems. There are ways through which you can fix it up and also permanently. First of all take backup of your phone and sync your phone, and you can do this by connecting your phone to iTunes and. What it will do is help you to take back up .Also you have to reset your phone settings and you can do this by Settings - General - Reset - Reset All Settings.

First of all thank you all of you for considering my problem and giving the vital time for finding the solution the other thing here is that i tried lot of things to overcome the problem but the problem is increasing day by day also it may have happen that the battery of my phone is being damaged and also there is no way to solve it only way i think that i can get rid of it is by purchasing a new battery or there is any other way to do it please help.

Yes i also think that you have to buy the new battery because if the battery is not proper than there is not a single way that you can start your phone, So i will suggest you to but a battery , If you want to check whether the battery is fine or not then just keep the battery on a plain board and then rotate it fast and that to clock wise if it takes more than 3 rotations on its own then your battery is no more in the working condition.