Thread: BT Home Hub Router Wifi Problems on Torch 9800

BT Home Hub Router Wifi Problems on Torch 9800

Hello.
    I got my new blackberry torch 9800 phone and it is the perfect phone for me as i use many applications and i was happy using this phone. But yesterday when i tried it to connect to my wifi network at home(bt home hub 2.0) it showed some kind of error to me. When i tried it again it was showing that their is some problem related to the IP address of the phone. I called up the person who installed the router as i thought their may be some problem with the router. But it was all perfect. And when i tried my laptop to connect it to the same wifi network,it worked . So i think the main problem is with the blackberry torch 9800. So please provide me some information to fix this problem.

Re: BT Home Hub Router Wifi Problems on Torch 9800

Hey did you check the settings of your phone. Is it as mentioned or the settings are incorrect. If the settings are incorrect then you must check for the proper setting of your blackberry mobile phone. Just dont put anything wrong because if you put any of the required setting wrong then the connection cannot be established.So try and check for the proper settings.

You must be having problem with the software or the program in your blackberry phone or in the router . Because we need a software so that the router can be connected to the device on which we need an internet connection. First check for the software updation in your mobile phone and then try it. If still not working then check the settings of the router and of your blackberry phone.

Hey you can try and check for the setting you have installed into your mobile phone. You can then go and check whether the device which you want to use is connected or not. Or is that device properly added to the router or not. If not then please try and add that device to the router and then check whether it is working properly or not. I am sure that this onformation will help you.

Hey if you tried using all the above steps then you can try for some other important steps such as accepting the correct password key. Because in most of the cases if the password key is not correct or if it is missing then you can try for the correct password key and then add that device to the router. This will surely help you out.

Ok the actual problem is with the blackberry phone and not with the router because you stated that whenever you try to connect your laptop to the same wifi network then it works properly. That means it is concerned with your blackberry phone and not with the router. So try for some software updation in your phone and then try again. If your phone is under warranty then go for the replacement of your blackberry phone. Just try it out.

You can try for the software updation. Because of the software/program your mobile phone is using may be corrupted so it might not be working properly. So first try to check and go for the latest and updated version of the software in your mbile phone. Otherwise you can try for the settings which are been installed on your phone. whether they are correctly installed or not. If still the problem is not solved then if you are having the warranty then get it replaced from the blackberry shop from where you purchased your mobile phone.