Thread: RX3700 - XXX.exe is not a valid Pocket PC Application

RX3700 - XXX.exe is not a valid Pocket PC Application

I am having tribulations by means of my HP RX3700 when endeavor to start exe files. The communication with the intention of come into view on the screen is this "XXX.exe is not a valid Pocket PC submission". Additional than it was ineffectively . From Hp hold up or maintain center the reply was : " the only one that most of them be able to present you is to flash your apparatus by means of most recent rom file" the ROM file which is uploaded on their hold up or maintain server fixes immediately some diminutive tribulations by means of ie and that's the entire . It was not what I am looking for and did not solve the tribulations.

Re: RX3700 - XXX.exe is not a valid Pocket PC Application

I have comprised in addition going through the similar tribulations. I Have the HTC Kaiser phone additional than when I start the .exe file. The similar communication come into view. "xxxx.exe is not a valid pocket PC application". I have completed my submission on the windows Mobile 6 professional SDk(ARMV4I). In addition when I got the tribulations in building my application "fatal error CVT1109: target apparatus "THUMB" necessitate “/WINDOWSCE". I immediately go to properties of my project and revolutionize the linker->system->subsystem-> in to WindowsCE (/SUBSYSTEM:WINDOWSCE) is for the reason that of this tribulations my application is not running.

It is not exceptional for a developer to observe his/her program not be able to run in the emulator or physical apparatus, subsequent to struggling by means of code development, compilation error and build tribulations. The majority typical error is similar to "XXX.exe is not a valid Pocket PC application", similar to the following screen cut. Hereby I am endeavoring to write simple guidelines for troubleshooting such tribulations.

The executable competence is built for a platform that does not competition the target apparatus. For illustration, an executable built for x86 emulator not be able to run in several physical devices, which sustains or maintains ARM instruction sets. In WM5.0, Microsoft commences a build target called "THUMB", which is a subset of ARM tutoring sets. An executable built for "THUMB" be able to merely run in WM5.0 apparatus or emulator. You determine to get the above error communication if working with such executable in Pocket PC 2003 or Smartphone 2003 apparatus.

An executable built for a lower subsystem (for illustration, 4.20) is able to run in a WM5.0 apparatus, additional than not vice versa. If you endeavor to start a program built for 5.0, you determine to get the warning "XXX is not a valid Pocket PC application". The method to create certain the subsystem is to utilize "dumpbin /header ", and take a give the impression of being at the line exposing the "subsystem" information in sequence. The method to fix subsystem tribulations is to change project settings in your IDE (EVC4 or Visual Studio 2005). Together IDEs permit you to physically modify the command line alternative /SUBSYSTEM.

The preceding two tribulations are simple to recognize and fix, additional than the third one is extremely obscuring and hard to troubleshoot. In general, if a program requirements DLLs (who does not), the DLL must moreover be present in the system, or previously loaded into memory. If a compulsory DLL is not obtainable, the warning is clear and to the point: "not be able to locate 'XXX.exe' (or one of its components). You have to create certain the path and file name are accurate and the entire the required libraries are obtainable."

On the other hand, if the DLL is obtainable or previously loaded into memory, additional than the DLL does not export the compulsory functions, CE OS might not confirm that linker time dependencies are met. It demonstrates a tremendous misleading warning "XXX.exe is not a valid Pocket PC application". It is hard to locate which DLL causes the tribulations, and even harder to solve the issue. On the desktop, you be able to isolate yourself to convinced extent by ensuring that the DLL you built and tested is the one that is loaded by the OS; one method putting the DLL in the similar directory as your submission.