Thread: How to solve connection problem in Acer Bluetooth VoIP Phone

How to solve connection problem in Acer Bluetooth VoIP Phone

Hello,
    I have a acer TM8204 laptop, which consist of a Bluetooth VoIP Phone in it. If i go to the bluetooth place then i am able to see this device present in my headset list. But when i try to make the connection, but i am unable to make the connection. I get an error message such as " The remote device closed the connection ". I want some idea on this topic. If any one have some kind of idea, then please help me?
    Last edited by Shakirah; 04-10-2010 at 07:44 AM.

Re: How to solve connection problem in Acer Bluetooth VoIP Phone

I feel that you require a security code to enter there. The security code is just a PIN code. If you enter the code, then the other devices might show something like OK to ask the connection. After doing this, it will ask for the security code which you have entered above. If it asks to enter the security code, then you should enter the number such as 1111. Hope have provided some kind of help to you.

I also have problem related with my laptop. The problem is that i does not know the security code. Also i am not able to enter the PIN code in the Acer Bluetooth VoIP Phone, because it does not have any keyboard. I think that the devices without the keyboard have a fixed pin. I have tried to enter several PINs such as 1234,1111 etc, but not able to connect it.

Even i am facing the same problem with my laptop as well. I am also not able to make the connection of my voIP phone in the acer laptop. I have tried to enter the six digit PIN code and also i have tiered to follow the above instructions, but still i am not able to solve the issue out. Even i have made the contact with the acer support 2 to 3 days ago, but have not got any kind of reply from them. Do any one know to fix this problem? Please help.

Try this thing out. Try to make the connection via Acer VCM. According to me it should work fine. Initially when i use to connect, then it should also ask for the pin code, but when i tried with the Acer VCM it worked for me. I think that it is designed in this way to prevent it from people to use voIP phone with the notebooks. The only way to find the pin is, to make use of bluetooth stack sniffer. Hope it will help you.

I do have the same problem in making the connection of my headset with the laptop. It is not asking for the PIN code and then to i am not able to make the connection. I am not able to hear any kind of sound from the head set, but can only hear status beep. Will any one suggest me how to solve this issue out? Need you support?