Thread: Windows XP on Dell studio 1558

Windows XP on Dell studio 1558

i have newly install the windows xp on my DELL Studio 1558 which is having the i5 processor. The problem is that I am not able to get the drivers for my laptop and the previous drivers are not able to install in my laptop and the windows xp is also showing some error messages for using any application and on the main screen of the laptop when I start my computer. So here I am just looking for some proper solution to get drivers for my windows xp in my laptop.

Re: Windows XP on Dell studio 1558

Well it seems that you might have install the wrong windows for your laptop as your laptop is having the HM55/PM55 chipset of Intel i-series which was suitable built for the windows vista and windows 7 and since these windows are having different drivers which are compatible with your laptop. Even if you install the Windows XP in your laptop then it would result you with some of the hardware problem which may not work properly. So just make sure you get fix with these problem and then install the Windows XP in your laptop.

You are having the problem the problem with the drivers installation in your windows xp operating system. As you must be trying to installing the wrong drivers for the windows for your laptop. As you must be knowing that your laptop comes with the Windows 7 which is well compatible with your laptop and the drivers which you are trying to install is the drivers for the Windows 7 which will be not supported by the Windows XP. So you need to visit the website of windows and find the drivers for your operating system.

You are using the Windows XP on your Dell laptop which was having the default operating system as Windows 7. So you know need to get to the drivers from the official website of the Dell which you will find in the support center where you have to choose your laptop series number and the operating system which you are using but if that not works then you can also send your laptop to the service center which can solve out your problem.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

smile Re: Windows XP on Dell studio 1558

hi@rah -nepali ........can u tell me the steps for installing windows xp in dell studio.................
    i have del studio with windows 7(ci5,4gb ram ,500gb hd,1gb graphics card)...
    whenever trying to instal windows xp in my dell studio m getting error "blue screen "

sebd me the steps
    tigerbablu@gmail.com

whenever trying to instal windows xp in my dell studio m getting error "blue screen "
    Mention your problem in details. You have just mentioned that you are getting blue screen error (BSOD), but you have not mentioned about the error code that you are getting. I would like to suggest you to mention the error code, so that it would be easy for other members provide some appropriate solutions. Hope you got the point.