Thread: Ipad to ethernet?

Ipad to ethernet?

I am now on field trip for office work. The location where I am now, doesn't provide any wifi facility. You can only see Ethernet ports to connect to your device. I have my IPAD with me and without internet I am unable to check some of my important emails. I would like to ask if there is any possibility of connecting Ethernet port to my iPad to get internet connection. Do I need some accessory to get internet?

Re: Ipad to ethernet?

I don't think there is any way to have Ethernet connection on iPad. However if you want then you can use wireless router to which you can connect the Ethernet wire and from the router you can have wifi connection onto your iPad. Please note that you have to configure this router before you can use it.

But why do you want to have Ethernet on your iPad. Now a days, even mobile phones can provide you the internet connection. You can ask your mobile operator to send you the settings and you can configure your mobile to be used as modem. Thus you can have internet on your iPad with the help of your mobile connecting to your iPad either with the USB cable, or Bluetooth.

Apple store includes a USB Ethernet adapter. It connects to the USB 2.0 port of your iPad and provides an RJ-45 connector that supports 10/100BASE-T performance. Moreover, there is no requirement for external power. However there is no dock that has a USB socket for the iPad.

As per my knowledge, iPad does not have a USB or Ethernet port. So you cannot connect your iPad to Ethernet port wired. But if you want to have the internet connection on your iPad then the only option left to you is purchasing a wireless router. Once the wireless router is installed, you have to set a wireless network on your computer.