Thread: Using Offline Maps with GPS without Data Plan

Using Offline Maps with GPS without Data Plan

I am having Nokia 5230 mobile phone. And I am using this from quiet a long time. I use the gps mostly. A number of time my internet connection remains inactive in different region. And I am looking for some solution through which I can get all the map navigation data without using the internet. I had tried searching for such apps but it is quiet hard to find.

There is one app that I think will help you for navigation purpose. You can try using MappyMobi. Below is more detail about the app.

Mappy mobile:
    Among the interesting features, we will retain the ability to display aerial photos, and the position of speed cameras. However, in exchange for the free service, users will see advertisements appear on the screen of his mobile phone. These arise only during the use of navigation, precise Mappy . Hopefully these messages will not interfere with commercial visibility maps, which can be quite disadvantageous when the user is driving.

Re: Using Offline Maps with GPS without Data Plan

Amaze is the application of navigation and local search in its class , and it's completely free!
    • visual and voice guidance to any destination
    • Find or determine any location by its address
    • Search and navigate to businesses listed in the Yellow Pages directories (if applicable)
    • Display requested anywhere on the map
    • View and use dynamic maps of different scales superior
    • View aerial photos and satellite images ( soon ! )
    • View topographic maps ( soon ! )
    • View traffic conditions in real time on the card ( WHERE grayed )
    • Calculate the fastest route between two points
    • Save and manage personal favorites list

You want to take advantage of GPS navigation on your mobile for free? It now seems possible with new software that promises much and is called: smart2go. Currently, there are other free services such Google Map Mobile that achieves the plans, routes or views satellites, but this kind of tool does not use your phone as a GPS receiver proper. This means that information provided by these programs do not give you details of your position and the direction to follow in real time. Indeed, one must first enter the desired route and scroll the information when and as you progress.

Software Smart2go seems very promising, not only is it free but increasingly, data (maps, GPS points,) can be downloaded from your PC directly connected to your mobile. This means that you do not have to use your WAP connection for downloading data. These can be substantial; the invoice from your wap consumption can be painful. Do not currently have a phone compatible with the software, we are unable to test it but hopefully it will live up to what he says.

Wayfinder Earth is application by you can use GPS without data plan; users perceive a globe (pictured below) that can be rotated manually. They may also enter an address and be routed directly on the globe. It is possible to enlarge a selected location by zooming to get a closer view of the place. The globe takes into account time zones, which means that the clock (top left of the phone) is automatically adjusted depending on the part of the world that user views.

Amaze is GPS Navigation software for mobile phone free. Although compatible with a Bluetooth GPS paired to the phone, it will be possible to use an internal GPS. It will soon be compatible with Windows Mobile and Android ( google system ). It is of course with multi-language voice guidance in the language selected.