Thread: Nokia 6700 error message

Nokia 6700 error message

I have Nokia 6700 classic phone. It’s a very good phone and I like all the features of it but from last few days it is showing me some strange error messages. It shows “Remove cable or connect a device to continue". When I press OK to clear the messages then it disappear for few minutes and after that it again pop ups.

I can also see a small icon on top left side of my screen. It is a small arrow with two arrows pointing to right. What that symbol means and how can I solve this issue. If you have any suggestion for the issue then please reply.

Thanks

Re: Nokia 6700 error message

I think that your mobile software getting a continuous signal that your mobile is connected to any external device via USB cable. You may have connected the phone to any external device with USB cable and removed it accidently. Connect your mobile to any computer and see to it that computer has already install the Nokia PC Suit. When you connect it to your computer and open the PC Suit then it will show your mobile model. Go to File > Exit on the PC Suit interface. After that remove the memory card.

I hope this will solve the issue and if you don’t have the PC suit for your phone then you can download it from internet.

As you have explained about the icon that is there on your screen with two arrows is seems to be a USB cable icon. This symbol usually comes when you connect your phone to any device via USB cable usually a computer. You should connect your mobile to a computer When you connect it then you have to select mass storage. This will show the same icon on the computer as you usually see when you connect a pen drive to your computer on bottom right. Right click on that and select safely remove. This will open a new window, select the drive and click remove. This will show you a pop up message that you can safely remove the hardware. Now you can remove the cable from phone. I think this can solve the problem. Good Luck.

Friend, A few months back I was also getting the error message and tried some suggestions but it does not help in my case. Finally one of friend applied a simple trick and works for me. He simply switched my phone off and removed the battery, memory card and SIM card too. He waited for few minutes then again placed all of them on their place. Switched on the phone and imagine what it stopped giving me such error. You can also try this. This is not risky.

If the above posts do not help you then you can go for software update. Software update means that updating your mobile firmware. Outdated firmware can also cause the problem. Go to Nokia website and look for update software. You have to select your phone to find latest version of firmware for your phone. While updating it will restart itself. Don’t do anything on your phone while updating, it may cause some serious problem.But do remember to copy all the contacts from your phone memory to SIM memory because you will lose all the contacts after updating.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

You have to repair the mobile if nothing helps you. You need to take it to the place from where you bought it. Ask them for repair. See to it that it is under warranty or not. If it is under warranty then you can also ask them for replacement and if it is out of warranty period then they will charge something for that if it is repairable. This will be the best way because they are the professionals and can handle the things better than us.

Some virus may also cause the same problem on your phone. Scan your phone for virus attack and if you found any virus or any file affected by virus then you should delete the file. If you are not having any source to scan it then you can remove the memory card and test the phone without memory card. If it works fine then format your memory card.