Thread: Nokia 6710 Navigator keypad problems

Nokia 6710 Navigator keypad problems

I am having one issue with the Nokia 6710 navigator which is not functioning properly. If i press a key from the keypad it perform the different functionality with the same. If i press the call button it opens the MAP application of the Nokia. Also lots of the key are performing unusual task. If any one is having the solution for same then please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Re: Nokia 6710 Navigator keypad problems

Have you installed any third party application into the device of yours? It can be possible that the device of yours is having the conflict with the third party software which is causing the unusual behavior with the same. To get rid of the issue i will advise you to perform the Soft Reset on the device of your. To perform the same you have to enter the *#7780# code and press dial key.

If the same is not working for you and you are still having the problem with the device of your then i will advise you to go with the hard reset of the device and see whether it is working for you are not. But before hard reset you should take the back up of the data and then only perform the same. So go through the same.

I suspect a third party application (or possibly a virus) is reassigning your keys to different functions. Yes, a soft or hard reset is in order. Check also if your phone is infected with a virus.

I think that if you use the latest firmware of the Nokia 6710 Navigator which might resolve the issue related to the Nokia 6710 Navigator keypad problems. If it is related to the firmware bug then will resolve the help of the update of the firmware. So if you like the idea of mine then go through the same. The Nokia software updater will help you with the problem. So go through the same and work with it.

I have gone through all the above replies which is suggested by you people and let me tell you that i have also performed the same but nothing is working for me. My keypad is still behaving in the same manor as it was behaving previously. If there is any thing else to work with the same then please let me know.

If nothing is working for you and you are still going through the same problem then i will advise you to take the help from the developer that is Nokia which can help you with the issue of your and will guide you properly with the problem of yours. So it you can then contact the Nokia and find the answer to your problem.