Thread: Maxtor onetouch 3 not recognized by Win 7 64 bit

Maxtor onetouch 3 not recognized by Win 7 64 bit

I buy an external hard drive 80GB Maxtor OneTouch III Mini Edition and it is connected to my Toshiba Satellite. I had install the software content in the hard disk as requested and now when I disconnected same it is not detected by Windows again. I am using Windows 7 64 bit on my laptop. It is not getting on on my system. Does anyone has any suggestion for this problem.

Re: Maxtor onetouch 3 not recognized by Win 7 64 bit

I had faced the same problem with my Maxtor two weeks ago. I was too searching for solutions for the same. My problem was that my Maxtor had lost its partition so Windows cannot access it. I had installed search and recover 4 tool for that. This software allowed me to trace information about my score which was lost or deleted. It gives a virtual drive on your system from where you can get your data back.

The Maxtor Onetouch drive works well on Windows 7 64 bit. There is no serious bug mentioned for the same. I had installed a Maxtor II One Touch 300GB to store my system to store photos. Recently there was a power outage and since then there is a total blockage. The blue light no more flashes. I think I might need to show the same to the repair center.

If the partition or disk is hidden by Windows then it becomes impossible for the average user to gain access to it. You can also cannot repair and recover data, because no program can make a recovery if the disk is not visible. So there is a solutions for the same. If under warranty, return to the factory for repair or replacement but all data is lost. Remove the disc and re-install it.

At some point it is possible that you might not see the disc in My Computer. In this case, either the data is directly accessible, or you must use a recovery program to recover them. In my case the data were directly visible and I could copy them onto another disk. Currently I save the most sensitive data on DVD for more security and maxtor disk is at rest. This looks a hardware issue.

If you are trying to use a enclosure for that then just try to connect the same directly. I considered this solution, but for me it was nothing. My device manager detected a disk but I cannot format the same. It is not possible to have access to a valid partition. As it worked with Search and recovery and I had deducted some partitions and right now I am using a single one.

I too have a problem with a maxtor drive and till now it is under warranty. I am trying to contact the repair center by phone and I had sent the same. Unfortunately I am not going to get the data back there. The problem is that I cannot find a proper support for the same. The site does not gives appropriate support. Try to update the drivers once and then check back if that works or not.