Thread: Getting your ZuneCard on Facebook

Getting your ZuneCard on Facebook

I am a regular visitor of Facebook. It keeps me in touch with my friends and I like it the most. Now I am thinking of to connect my ZuneCard with Facebook but not sure how to do so. Is there any way to connect it? I have heard about the same long back but didn't got the chance to make it working on my Facebook. So it will be better if you can direct me in the same way. Hope to hear you soon.

Re: Getting your ZuneCard on Facebook

Zune officially released the Zune Social application for Facebook in the year of 2008. You can place ZuneCard on your Facebook page where it will be automatically updating to let people know about what you've recently been listening to on your Zune. You can use the Zune Card application which is available on the Facebook applications page. You can even access it from Zune Social Gadgets page.

To add ZuneCard on Facebook, just add the application named "Profile Box" onto your profile from http://apps.facebook.com/profilebox/. Insert the below code into the "Profile Box" application:

HTML Code:
    <div id="zunecard_big" class="zunecard"><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://social.zune.net//xweb/lx/swf/zunecard.swf?ver=1192" style="" id="flashUserCard" name="flashUserCard" bgcolor="#FFF" wmode="opaque" salign="tl" flashvars="baseURL=http://social.zune.net/zcard/usercardservice.ashx?zunetag=MyZuneTag&src=large&MMplayerType=PlugIn" height="260" width="548"></div>
    Insert your Zune tag id in place of "MyZuneTag". Never use space if you have it in your tag id. Instead use "+" sign.

I personally tried Zune Social Card app but was unable to use it on my facebook account. I think there is some privacy policy that is causing me this problem but I am not sure about it. I think this application is not provided by Microsoft and so this may be the reason for the same.

I support Halina's suggestion but I did it in a different way. Go to Facebook and login to your account. Use "My HTML" to insert HTML code into your profile. For this go to My HTML and click on the Add Application button. Now click Add My HTML button. Enter some call to action term in HTML Entry Form. Go to the code and enter the code give by Halina. Once done click on Preview button to make sure if it is working. Click on the Publish button once you are sure everything seems to be ok.