Thread: How do I disable facebook alerts coming in to my inbox-BB Curve 8320

How do I disable facebook alerts coming in to my inbox-BB Curve 8320

I am looking to observe how I am able to stop facebook alerts/updates/etc from coming in to my inbox each time somebody posts, etc. I get alerted and demonstrate in my inbox and it's annoying me each minute. Anybody be familiar to how to keep facebook on the phone additional than maintain the alerts off/away. Any assist would be valued. I have tried a bunch of things and nothing works. If you are talking regarding email alert coming to your apparatus, you have comprise to log into facebook via a system and modify the alerts to your liking.

Re: How do I disable facebook alerts coming in to my inbox-BB Curve 8320

I recently upgraded to Facebook 1.6 on my BlackBerry Bold, and was using the facebook BlackBerry contacts application to encompass connection my facebook contacts to my BlackBerry contacts. The entire worked extremely well on 1.5 additional than on 1.6 I am not capable to choose or deselect this alternative. The alternative is ticked additional than greyed out and I am at present not capable to physically connection my Facebook friends by means of my BlackBerry contacts. I have comprise the identical tribulations, using a Curve 8320, my Calendar alternative is in addition grayed out. Worked absolutely by means of 1.5, at present there is no way for me to go back to 1.5.

It seems the tribulations are a setting on the innovative Blackberry Enterprise server 5. The administrator has put out of action social networking integration that’s enormous that you be familiar by means of that regarding situation dabram, additional than I am not on BES so I am actually at a loss I am not associated to a BES 5.0. Most of them utilize BPS, 4.1.4.17; as far as I am able to determine there is no setting for this surrounded by the IT Policy, this immediately started occurring by means of 1.6. OK that might be true that this is some innovative BES setting for security on downloaded apps, other than does not explain why the calendar and contacts request in facebook 1.5 vs facebook 1.6 worked extremely well. I imagine it’s a tribulations by means of the 1.6 software, does anyone be familiar with how to go back to 1.5.

The BES administrator has to set the strategy observe KB15535I immediately had to do this on our company BES, import the 5.0 polices, set the strategy, move forward the policy out to the users, make a note of in the KB article it states that the user determine to have comprise to do a sanctuary wipe, that was not true for us it presently started running. The users did not have comprise to do no matter which attractive easy, low risk From the KB15535.To control this potential the IT Policy Disable Organizer Data Access for Social Networking Applications be able to be used. This IT policy is contained in BlackBerry Enterprise Server 5.0 and be able to be imported to a 4.0 BlackBerry Enterprise Server if mandatory. For additional information and for instructions on how to import these innovative policy rules to a 4.0 BlackBerry Enterprise Server, observe KB15535.

The troubles are that Facebook 1.6 comes into view to rely on an unambiguous IT Policy in BES 5.0. As I said in this thread, most of them are supposed to experience if our BES admin has not reorganized to 5.0 policies and granted explicit permission to this unambiguous policy. IMO it is supposed to be the additional way around: defaulting permit unless explicitly denied. Fundamentally, if you are on BES, and this policy has not been installed and configured, the facebook 1.6 defaulting to blocking contacts and calendar sync.

Seems attractive insane as most BES administrators almost certainly would not even become aware of this and even if they do, they almost certainly would not bother doing the work essential to accurate this. So essentially several Blackberry users on BES are screwed by this foul up by RIM. Is there going to be a attach to the Facebook request for this. If not, then how do I switch back to Facebook 1.5 (which worked extremely well). If you are using BlackBerry Enterprise Server version or description 5.0 or have comprise and imported the IT policies into BlackBerry Enterprise Server version 4.x.

To control this potential, the IT policy put out of action Organizer Data have right of entry for Social Networking Applications be able to be used. This IT policy is incorporated in BlackBerry Enterprise Server version or description 5.0 and be able to be imported to BlackBerry Enterprise Server version 4.0 if necessary. For additional information in sequence and for instructions on how to import these innovative policy rules to BlackBerry Enterprise Server version or description 4.0, if you are using BlackBerry Enterprise Server version 5.0 or have encompass and imported the IT policies into BlackBerry Enterprise Server version 4.x.