Thread: Intellisync - The operation Terminated unexpectedly

Intellisync - The operation Terminated unexpectedly

I am currently working on windows vista and have done the installation of desktop sync 4.7 on that with the entire applicable patches. I am trying to configure up the sync with more than one calendars. I moved to the map directory - advanced and when I choose different directories then I received this one error message as "Intellisync - The operation terminated unexpectedly".

I have used the same with the complete uninstallation of the same and I am working with the desktop as a administrator user. This goes well on windows XP. Anyone have any suggestion regarding this ?

Re: Intellisync - The operation Terminated unexpectedly

Hi, I am getting the exactly same issues . I have also installed the windows vista on my machine and running with BlackBerry Desktop Manager v4.6. I am trying to configure synchronization settings from the special section of the configuration as "Advanced..." dialog box.But I got some issues between this and when I use the "Map Folder" button I received same error message as Agaev stated in his post : "The operation terminated unexpectedly".

I have been performing this for a lot of years. This has been functioning well until the new one computer installed with the windows Vista. I am actually considering of moving back to windows XP just to get it resolved . I agree it is just a type of bug, but I would not mind spending some money if somebody would at least consider at this . Pretty simple to reproduce:

1. Launch up the desktop manager (I am working on 4.7.0.32, but it looks to move back to 4.6)
    2. Issue the Synchronize
    3. Configure Synchronization
    4. Synchronization
    5. Advanced...
    6. Map Folder...
    7. When you try and browse up different calendar then you have access to the error generated .

For me the error generated within the step 6. Easily by using the Map Folder button. I also have been working this capability on different laptop without issue for quite some time. This error occurs after making a newly installation. I have done the installation of Desktop Manager for this time over the weekend and the error occurred pretty much right away. I didn't configured anything more after that with the Desktop manager than to take a backup.

This is what I don't like to be happen , though: I am unable to sync anything from my Outlook 2007 to this . Whenever, I used to go for the configuration of the sync options, I used the sync button and immediately received an intellisync error that states that "The Operation Terminated Unexpectedly."I was trying to resolve the same from six hours on the phone with Blackberry support,performing the clean installation of different supported versions, turning off the virus software activity before downloading and at the time of installation -- still no joy after everything .

It seems as just your data base stored into the outlook has been destroyed and you have to go for the following way :
    • Move into the control panel section and click on the MAIL and then profiles
    • Just make a new profile (know it as NEW)... move and put some of the test contacts in the created profile
    • Take the backup of your contacts stored on your blackberry device if you have any on there.(desktop manager... backup and restore... advanced)
    • Then wipe this out .
    • Move into the configuration section , remove the check all but contacts,and then go for contacts setup and chamge the profile to the NEW one
    • Try to sync