Thread: Ideapad U350 excessive fan noise

Ideapad U350 excessive fan noise

I have a laptop for a little over a year now. An Ideapad U350 which recently started doing a lot of noise, and I just noticed that it comes from the fan that is located below. So nothing prevents the fan from working properly. What could cause this. Sometimes I eat in front of the computer (I know it's not well at all), so do the crumbs could slip and cause this noise is there a way to clean

Re: Ideapad U350 excessive fan noise

A fan has mechanical parts that rub against each other and eventually wear out. It therefore has a limited lifespan. In principle, it is more than a year anyway. I do not think the crumbs could really get into the mechanics and everything checks out expense or if the fan blows towards the interior of the laptop. To clean as to repair, I think we should open anyway. And leaves open, however changing the fan. This is far from the play that cost the most expensive and it can not take any chances. Because excessive temperature can drop the overall life of the components of the notebook. Anyway, if you're still under warranty ....

I just need to find a qualified service and non-crook in my city. My warranty is still valid, but the problem is that if the "failure" is too large, they will keep my pc and send me a voucher instead. And suddenly I lose all my data Anyway which i do not wanted to loose at any cost since i have a very huge data collection thank you =)

Changing a fan, it takes little time. I'm sure they would take less than 15 minutes. And I would be surprised if they tell you to exchange it completely because of a fan. But obviously, given their workload, they retain a certain time. But as a precaution, he will just as you save your data. You never know on what kind of repair can fall wild.

Try introducing the capillary tip by a vent under your laptop and then walking gently inside, blowing of course. When it comes out more dust, you should try a quick vacuuming. This accumulated dust was the reason behind and since you have your PC which hampers the cooling of the CPU which stops when it is too hot, also was the cause of all the noise.

It appears as you have turned off your laptop or cash is your fan, though taken away from your mobile and then you breath in and around you will little balls of dust emerge. It is normal but since your pc is always on a desk hence it will be better if you try to clean it using a blower or open it and clean it manually.

Try the following
    • Go into control panel.
    • Click on Power Options, tab "hibernate"
    • Activate "hibernation"
    • Then you go to the tab "Advanced"
    • Hibernation at the bottom and you select the time before the hibernation.
    • In the morning you press right on / off (start / stop) and you find exactly the window that you left on standby.