Thread: Problem with my Fingerprint reader

Problem with my Fingerprint reader

After unsuccessfully trying to find a solution on the Microsoft site, I defer to you for my problem. I'll try to explain as clearly as possible. So I just acquired a Microsoft Fingerprint Reader, I installed it correctly, rebooting my computer as requested at the end of the installation, no problems so far, nothing special with the installation, everything is held normally. The problem arises when I run the wizard to record fingerprints, I have a window of error, which is entitled "Console user, which states Catastrophic failure error, installation problem suspicious. Anyone can resolve the Problem with my Fingerprint reader

Re: Problem with my Fingerprint reader

I read something on the "fingerprint reader", those found on the hard disk like Lacie or microsoft for example. It was simply a mini flatbed scanner that scans the fingerprint, but most are not sophisticated enough to have a heat sensor to ensure that we not use a cut finger or perhaps even a simple finger scan.

Besides those who have a "fingerprint" reader should try to scan their finger with a flatbed scanner (or a photocopier) and get the image of the finger on the fingerprint reader to see if it works or not (I did not then I can not test), or with the clay or wax by causing a fingerprint. I am curious to know if it passes or not

I had the same problem and I found the answer. Uninstall and reinstall the software, taking care to put in exceptions for DEP. Then, before rebooting (messages) between the different modules according to the DEP exceptions (runtime) and removes the exception corresponding to the installation file (security issue ^ ^). Everything should work normally, me, it's no worries

Follow the instructions which are laid below to resolve this whole issue.
    1. Insert the CD-ROM DigitalPersona Password Manager from the CD-ROM. If the installation screen does not appear automatically, follow these steps:
      • Click Start, then Run.
      • Type [drive]: \ setup. If, for example, the CD-ROM drive is drive D, type d: \ setup
    2. Follow the instructions in the Setup Wizard screen.
    3. Restart the computer if prompted.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

You can not activate the Welcome screen, or the function of fast user switching if you have already installed the software DigitalPersona Password Manager. To activate these features, you must uninstall the software DigitalPersona Password Manager, enable the Welcome screen and the function of fast user switching, then reinstall the software. For more information on this screen and this feature, see Windows Help.

It may be that you can not use the fingerprint reader to log into Windows XP when the computer is in standby or hibernation. This problem occurs with Windows XP Gold and Service Pack 1, but not with Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2). It usually appears when the computer goes into standby or hibernation and the welcome screen (logon) is displayed. If you are unable to use the fingerprint reader to log on, use a password to log on the computer.