Thread: iOS 4.0 firmware update

iOS 4.0 firmware update

I am having a iTouch which is of first Generation. As i have heard about the new release of the iOS 4 firmware update. So i wanted to upgrade my device with this latest version of OS. My device is using the version 3.1.3 which is already installed in it. So let me know how to upgrade to this OS. A help may be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: iOS 4.0 firmware update

It might be little disappointing for you that iOS 4 is not available for the 1st gen iTouch which you are having. It is only compatible with the 2nd and 3rd Gen of the iTouch. Also this OS is not yet available in the market. Just the news regarding the update is posted on the Apple Site. So it is not available for your device.

Yes thats true about the iOS 4 which is only available for the 2nd and 3rd gen of the iTouch. If you are having these device then only you can upgrade to this version of the iOS 4 which i think is not yours device. I have got this information on the Apple Site. You can also check out below given link for more detail.
    iPhone OS 4 will work for iTouch?

All the information are appreciable. As i am using the iTouch 1st with the OS 3.0 running on the same and also installed the lots application in the same. How come the application running with the OS 3.0 will work on the iOS 4 which is the new release from the Apple. If possible then please clarify my doubt regarding the same.

The iOS 4 is developed in a way that the application running on the older version OS can also run on the new iOS 4. But if the application are now being developed only for iOS 4 then it is not possible for older version to use the application for their device. Right now application will run on both the OS.

Quote Originally Posted by Simond View Post
    The iOS 4 is developed in a way that the application running on the older version OS can also run on the new iOS 4. But if the application are now being developed only for iOS 4 then it is not possible for older version to use the application for their device. Right now application will run on both the OS.
    Thanks a lot for helping me out with this issue. As i have gone through all the replies and now i am having enough information regarding the iOS Firmware update that i have asked.