Thread: ActiveSync can not sync the HTC

ActiveSync can not sync the HTC

I can no longer sync my Smartphone HTC tilt 2. That is why I am not able to download may emails. I am also using AvantGoas other applications and I am using this for synchronizing contacts. Here are the instructions that I am using and I hope that it will help others to guide me for the problem.

Microsoft ActiveSyn

Failed to sync.
    Reconnect and try again.
    If the problem persists, see "Troubleshooting Microsoft in Microsoft ActiveSync Help on the desktop.
    Troubleshooting ActiveSync
    Progress ...
    Results: A known problem detected
    Unable to get an IP address for the device.
    Please help me to solve my problem.

Re: ActiveSync can not sync the HTC

What happens is that the phone is not able to recognized by ActiveSync. For that you can try out a few step which might work. Here if you are having a Windows Vista or Windows XP pc then you can try going in the start > setting > connection > USB to pc and uncheck the advanced functionality and it should get better. Just try this and try to reconnect.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

There is an short tutorial for configuring ActiveSync synchronization via Bluetooth to a Smartphone. I had done this on HTC Touch Cruise.
    • If necessary delete the existing profiles under ActiveSync and Bluetooth pairing at the PC side and Smartphone.
    • Disable Bluetooth and close ActiveSync Smartphone side.
    • Connect your Smartphone to the PC with the USB cable. ActiveSync will start automatically.
    • Set the parameters of sync ActiveSync on the PC and let the first sync is done.
    • Close ActiveSync Smartphone side (press X) and disconnect the USB cable
    • Launch ActiveSync Smartphone side and click on Menu -> Connect via Bluetooth. A message tells you that there is no partnership and offers to create one.
    • Click Yes to create a new partnership.
    • The Bluetooth settings are displayed. On the second tab check both boxes to enable Bluetooth and make it visible and then go on the first tab and add a new Bluetooth device. The PC should then be detected.
    • Follow the instructions for creating authentication partnership Bluetooth (He had asked you to enter a code that will be exchanged with the PC) and validate the various messages on the PC (as tooltips) and check the box that allows the Smartphone to permanently connect to the PC Bluetooth service.
    • Click OK in the upper right corner to confirm and exit the config and return to Bluetooth ActiveSync.
    • Click on Menu -> Connect via Bluetooth. A sync should occur. At the end of the sync click Menu -> Disconnect.

Your configuration is now correct.
    • The next time you have to start the sync from the Smartphone launching ActiveSync, Menu -> Bluetooth connection, even if initially the Bluetooth is disabled on the Smartphone. ActiveSync will automatically load the start time of sync.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

I also have problems since these days with my HTC Touch to sync my contacts. It seems that the synchronization takes place only partially, the changes to Outlook contacts are not transmitted to the phone while looking for change and synchronization with Active Sync 4.5 does not give any error message. I tried the solution Improver, no results. I'll try uninstalling asap then I'll let you know.

I would add some clarification because I struggled for 3d with XP Pro SP2, ActiveSync 4.5, a Bluetooth dongle bought and drivers Toshiba Bluetooth stack v4.00.35 (C).

My problem "serial port" appear as a service to my PC instead of "ActiveSync" and I was about to do a HARD RESET my PPC (Omnia i900)

1. Ensure that you have synchronized USB cable first to get the PPC already configured in ActiveSync on the PC. See File / Device
    2. Ensure that ActiveSync on the PC is configured with "Allow connection to one of the following:" on the correct port for communication ("COM7" in my case). See menu File / Connection Settings. VERY IMPORTANT - it corrected me my service "Serial Port" to "ActiveSync"
    3. On PPC, delete ALL "devices" already associated with Bluetooth. Even the headphone / headset-> I could add my new device "PC" in the PPC, and I saw "ActiveSync" in services. And when I had it, I check and records, and the happiness of Sync via Bluetooth.

To find the compatibility between Windows 7 and the Pocket PC and mobile
    Go to the Microsoft site with the link: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/com...ndows-7/en-us/
    1. Select 64-bit Windows 7
    2. Select 2.Then Harware
    3. Can Communication Devices
    4. Can PDAs

Virtually any product is compatible with the 64bit version of Windows 7. Note: Some devices declared compatible bugs like the iPhone for example. But I cannot find a solution.
    Searching the forums can help you to find your answers more quickly