Thread: J700 bluetooth compatibility issue with Ford

J700 bluetooth compatibility issue with Ford

Hello there, I have a Samsung J700 mobile phone which is giving some issues with bluetooth. I have a Ford mondeo car which has a Audio system which has bluetooth compatibility. The problem which I am facing is that, whenever I try to connect the phone to the cars audio system, it gets connected but gets disconnected frequently. I am not able to figure out what is causing such problem and hence need your help. Is there some J700 bluetooth compatibility issue with Ford audio system? Please suggest some solution which will help in solving the problem.

Re: J700 bluetooth compatibility issue with Ford

Have you tried pairing the phone with the Audio system of the car? Sometimes the bluetooth connectivity fails if the devices are not paired. Hence you can try and pair the devices to check if the connectivity suffers or not. Go to the bluetooth section on the phone and search for all the devices which are available. Connect to the audio system and pair it with the phone. Check the performance of the connectivity.

I think it could be the compatibility issue. The Audio system which is installed in your car must be having some compatibility issue with the model of the phone which you are using. Hence I would suggest that you go to the official website of Ford and check if the model of the phone is supported by the audio system or not. If the phone is supported, then there is nothing much you can do about it.

Thanks for replying to the post really fast. As suggested I tried to pair the phone with the Car audio system but still the disconnection continued, hence I checked the compatibility on the official website of Ford and was surprised to know that the phone was compatible with the audio system. So what can be the possible problem? Please guide me through.

As the phone is compatible with the audio system and still the connectivity is not working then the phone must be having some problems. If the phone is new, then get it checked at the authorized service center of Samsung.If there is any hardware to be replaced, get it replaced and see if the problem is solved.

You can get the firmware of the phone updated and check if there is any improvement in the connectivity of the phone. The proper operation of the phone depends on the firmware of the phone. If the firmware is having any problem, then such problems will be faced. Hopefully firmware update will solve the problem.

Yes getting the firmware updated on the phone really helped in solving the problem. Now the bluetooth connectivity works properly on my Samsung J700 on my ford.Thanks for helping out.