Thread: Samsung Jet Touch Screen Fault

Samsung Jet Touch Screen Fault

I bought a Samsung Jet S8000 recently and I am facing some issues with it. The touch screen of the phone has developed some fault. There is an oil bubble on the touch screen. The oil bubble moves when the area of the touch screen is pressed. Does this mean that the touch screen of the phone is faulty? So if anybody knows how to solve the Samsung Jet Touch Screen Fault then please share some information. Thanks in advance.

Re: Samsung Jet Touch Screen Fault

Did the phone suffer any physical damage? The problem which you are facing is caused due to physical damage caused to the phone. The oil bubble which is visible to you is due to the separation of the laminated sandwich which makes up the touch screen. To solve the problem, you will have to replace the touch screen of the phone. Once the touch screen is replaced, you will not face the same problem again.

You have mentioned that the phone is new hence it would be covered with warranty cover. All the Samsung products are covered with 1 year warranty cover under which any fault with the device is serviced for free provided the device is not undergone any physical damage. Hence take the phone to the nearest service center and get the phone checked. Mostly you will get the whole phone replaced or else only the touch screen will be replaced.

I was also facing the same problem with Samsung Jet which I was using. The screen of the phone showed a oil bubble which moved when the screen was touched. After searching for the solutions online, I found out that the phone had developed some gap between the touch screen and the touch sensor and only solution to the problem is to get the touch screen of the phone replaced. Replacing the touch screen really helped. Now the phone works properly.

As suggested I took the phone to the nearest service center and got the phone checked. After checking the phone thoroughly the service center executive replaced the phone and now the phone does not have any oil bubble but the new phone does not get detected on the computer. When the phone is connected, it does not show up in Samsung PC studio. How do I solve this problem?

As you were connecting the other Samsung JET S8000 phone to the computer, the 'profile of the phone would be saved in samsung PC studio and hence it is not getting detected in the application. To make the phone detect in the application, start the application and remove the earlier profile of the phone and then connect the phone to the computer. Hope it helps.

As suggested , I removed all the profiles of the phone which were added on the new PC studio and restarted the application. Amazingly the phone got detected after deleting profiles from the samsung PC studio. It is sad that the profile does not auto update in the application when a new phone is connected to the computer