Thread: How to Turn off 3G connection Samsung Jet S8000

How to Turn off 3G connection Samsung Jet S8000

Hello there, I am facing a weird problem with the Samsung Jet S8000 mobile phone which I am using. I have a 3G enabled sim card in the phone. The problem which I am facing is that, whenever I connect to the 3G network the phone works properly but it stays connected to the 3G network even after the application is closed. The 3G icon stays red even after closing the browsing application. The only way to turn off 3G is to reboot the phone. Therefore I want to know How to Turn off 3G connection Samsung Jet S8000? Please suggest some solutions for solving the issue. Thanks in advance.

Re: How to Turn off 3G connection Samsung Jet S8000

By looking at the problem, I think that the phone is having some problems. Take the phone to the nearest samsung service center and get it checked. If the phone is under warranty, any fault with the phone will be serviced for free if there is no physical damage to the phone. If the phone is out of warranty cover then some charges for the servicing along with the charges of the part replaced will be levied.

The application which you are using to browse internet on the phone must be running in background due to which the phone is kept connected to the 3G network. Therefore check if the application is running in background or not. If the application is running in background then terminate the application completely and see if the phone is still connected to the 3G network or not.

I was also facing the same problem with the Samsung Jet S8000 which I was using. The phone used to stay connected to the 3G network even when the application for Internet browsing was quit. To stop the 3G network connection, I used to change the network mode to GSM. Changing the network mode to GSM used to stop the 3G network usage. Hence I will advice that you change the network mode to GSM and see if it works.

You have mentioned to change the network mode of the phone to switch off the 3G connection but I dont know how do I change the network mode hence can you guide me in changing the network mode on the phone? After changing the network mode, Will I be able to use 3G connectivity or not. Please help.

To change the network mode of to GSM on the phone, go to the settings option and then go to network settings. Now Select Network mode and select GSM 900/1800 and save the settings. Now check if the 3G connection is working or not. Ideally it should not work.

Finally I got the firmware on the phone updated which solved the problem. Now whenever the application is closed, the 3G connectivity shuts down. I dont have to change the network mode of the phone to GSM again. Still thanks for sharing helpful information.