Thread: Snow Leopard Macbook Pro Sleep Problem

Snow Leopard Macbook Pro Sleep Problem

I have recently configured the Mac OS X 10.6.1 for the previous version of Leopard. The system was working fine and there was no difficulty with my MacBook Pro. But the difficulty arises when I switched to the sleep mode. Whenever I switched the MacBook Pro to sleep mode it goes to sleep mode but only for 5 to 6 seconds after that it automatically comes out of the sleep mode. Can anyone help me to solve this Snow Leopard Macbook Pro Sleep Problem?

Re: Snow Leopard Macbook Pro Sleep Problem

I am also facing the similar problem I am using the latest MacBook Pro with Snow Leopard 10.6.2. I have also checked my MacBook Pro is not running any program which is causing this problem. I have also performed trouble shooting related to this topic but everything goes waste because, problem cannot be resolved after taking so much efforts.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

Try to do the following thing:
    1. Try to use kernel.log that will let you why it is waking up.
    2. Then you can create new blank account and then see it is happening that will something like /User/___/Library area
    This will give you details related to your problem; if you are facing the problem in performing this then provide the complete details related to it.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

Previously I was also annoyed with this kind of problem with my Mac OS X Snow Leopard but now I have solved this problem. Actually the problem is related with the Time Machine Backup scheduling. The thing is that the whenever you are switching the MacBook Pro then it routinely starts taking backup. If you do not want that procedure to continue then you change the setting of Time Machine auto backup.

The thing is that if I am switching my MacBook Pro to sleep mode without any problem but the problem arises when I try to awake from the sleep mode. After awakening MacBook Pro it automatically goes to sleep mode automatically within a span of one or two minutes. The LED light on my MacBook Pro not flashing at all it is always ON.

I am facing problem with my MacBook Pro 17 “. When I have bought it Snow Leopard was installed in it. The system was working good and there is no problem related to the working of the system. The problem arises when I put the system in sleep mode. If I manually send the system to sleep mode then it is not causing the problem but if automatically goes to sleep mode then after that it just hangs, anybody else is facing this kind of problem.