Thread: Sync palm desktop with apple address book

Sync palm desktop with apple address book

Hello,
    I have an palm desktop and I would like to know how can I sync apple address book with it. I also have windows installed and but even I do not know how to sync palm desktop with windows. Any help regarding this topic is appreciated. Alos any more information on the apple address book will help me. Thank you for the help.

Re: Sync palm desktop with apple address book

Apple offers a variation to download open source Address Book Server, the server contacts built into Snow Leopard Server. The latter has been extensively reviewed by Apple in Mac OS X Server 10.6. It offers particular support CardDAV protocol which allows among others to store contacts outside of the LDAP directory. You can use it, then installation is fairly simple.

In terms of sync with a product like "Palm", you in the "Additional Tools For Office, a" Setup Hand-held Sync. Throw it and read the instructions, everything is pretty well described in regarding the installation and operation. For the Sony P900 I do not know if it is in the list of compatible products, but you can check. With regard to synchronize with Apple's tools (iCal and Address Book), as seen earlier in this thread, it is best to get hold of Paul Berkowitz AppleScripts, they can do that for simple and ingenious (but you must read the documents - in English - in order to fully understand the operation).

I have a problem synchronization my palm with my pc. I explain, I need to synchronize my Palm with Outlook so I installed pocket mirror provided on the CD of palm but now the only Palm syncs with Palm Desktop over (I talk about the calendar, address book, notes ...) out, I shall use the Palm desktop to save my calendar (more practical in my opinion) but it does not sync is there a particular setting to do? Ideally I'd like to separate myself from Outlook, but since I'm used to synchronize with my S55 I have not found anything better for now.

In order to resynchronize with Palm Desktop, please uninstall Pocket Mirror.

1. For this, please please uninstall Palm Desktop using the utility 'Add or Remove Programs'.

Please click on the button 'Start', then select 'Parameters' and 'Control Panel', and is Utility.
    Please select 'Pocket Mirror' in the list of applications and click on 'Add / Remove'. This will uninstall 'Pocket Mirror'.

2. Could you leave the application 'HotSync Manager' (The red icon and blue in a circle to the left of the clock) and select 'Exit', then exectuer the following command:

'C: \ palm \ hotsync.exe-r' in windows after having clicked on 'Start' 'Execute'.

The choice of Outlook is irreversible. To return to Palm Desktop, it must reinstall the logical. However there is a function that allows occasionally synchronize with the desktop Outlook when you have chosen. I believe that it is "personalization".

Hello,
    I just bought Office 2004 version and I have a Sony P900. Do you know if this software can synchronize directly with around P900 or should we first have to sync with Address Book and then go through iSync? Are til a product that does the same thing for calendar, tasks and notes? Thank you in advance