Thread: iPod won't Restore (perpetual RECOVERY MODE)

iPod won't Restore (perpetual RECOVERY MODE)

I recently bought 30GB apple ipod and getting some problem with it. This apple ipod in freezes in 'Recovery Mode' and also restoring the iPod doesn't fix this problem. Whenever I connect my ipod to my computer I get message saying that 'iTunes has detected an iPod in recovery mode'. I am frustrated because of this ipod issue. Please help me to resolve this problem.

Re: iPod won't Restore (perpetual RECOVERY MODE)

It sounds that your ipod comprises some problem. That generating problem whenever you try to restore it. I don't think that this ipod problem can be easily solved, so it's better for your to take help of your ipod service center. If you ipod is under warranty period then make replacement of this faulty apple ipod.

I am getting similar problem with my ipod. I am not able to restore my ipod. I have gone through various steps to restore my ipod, but didn't get any success in it. I also contacted to the service center of my ipod, but didn't get positive response from there. I am mot getting how to resolve this my ipod problem. Does anyone posses proper solution over this?

Please refer following steps to restore factory setting on ipod:
    1. Make sure you have an active Internet connection, you may have in fact download a new version of iTunes and iPod software on your computer.
    2. Download and install the latest version ofiTunes if it is not already installed.
    3. Open iTunes and connect your iPod to your computer using the USB or FireWire cable that came with your iPod.
    4. After a few moments, your iPod will appear in the Source pane of iTunes.
    5. Select your iPod in the Source pane, information about your iPod appear in the tab Summary of the main iTunes window.
    6. Click the Restore button. One or more dining options will be proposed, they can ask iTunes to automatically download the latest version of iPod software.

Please go through the following solutions:
    • Refer the user manual of your apple ipod.
    • Try to reset the factory setting of your ipod.
    • Contact the nearest service center of your ipod.

Before restoring your ipod you should be aware that, restoring will erase all songs and files on iPod, make sure to back up files stored on the disk of the iPod. All of your songs, videos, podcasts, audiobooks, and games can be transferred back to your iPod provided they are stored in your iTunes library.

I suggest you to try the updation of iTunes with the newest version and endeavor to restore your iPod. You also try to connect your iPod to a diverse USB port and then try to restore. I also suggest you to remove any third-party USB devices that you have attached to your PC. Hopefully it will resolve your issue.