Thread: Iphone screen stuck white

Iphone screen stuck white

I am having some serious problem with my iPhone. Yesterday, while playing music on the same, i just tapped on the Home Button to return back to the Home screen and my iPhone just stucked with the White screen. Its like the screen of death, not able to do anything.

I even tried to update the software, but it gave me an error saying update server cannot be established. Please help me out of this. I have no more idea to fix it.

Re: Iphone screen stuck white

Yeah, i think you are correct. Its like White screen of death, similar as BSOD we get on Windows operating systems. Well, the most simple solution to fix it out is to reset the iPhone. You just need to press the Home button and turn off buttons simultaneously for about 10 seconds. If your device rebooted than, it will be fixed or you have to take it to the apple store and spend some money.

Alternatively, try the steps mentioned in these threads to reset the iphone to default factory settings:

How do i restore iphone to default settings
    How to backup and restore the iPhone

If you pass it in dfu mode (home + button to turn off / on) what's going on? Is it recognized in itunes? If so, the restoration is possible. FYI, DFU means Device Firmware Update and is a forced mode of recovery. When you make a refreshing and does not work Restore Mode "Recovery Mode" will need to use DFU Mode as your last resort. When you put your iPhone in DFU mode will not load the operating system before attempting to restore.

Quote Originally Posted by pugsly View Post
    If you pass it in dfu mode (home + button to turn off / on) what's going on? Is it recognized in itunes? If so, the restoration is possible. FYI, DFU means Device Firmware Update and is a forced mode of recovery. When you make a refreshing and does not work Restore Mode "Recovery Mode" will need to use DFU Mode as your last resort. When you put your iPhone in DFU mode will not load the operating system before attempting to restore.
    Thanks for your quick and valuable reply, mate. Could you please make me know how can put my device in DFU mode ? I heave no idea about this, infact heard first time. Please help.

DFU mode is not the same as restore mode restore mode, your iPhone will show the image of a connector and the iTunes logo (as in the graph), DFU mode the iPhone screen will be black . Anyways, just follow these steps:-

• Connect your iPhone to your PC or Mac and turn it off.
    • Press and hold the Home button and Sleep / Wake at the same time.
    • After exactly 10 seconds left to push the Sleep / Wake but continue pressing the home button until you see a message saying that iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode.
    • The iPhone will have the black screen.

Remember that you may need to attempt many times to make your iPhone into DFU mode. So, dont panic.

Look up the Apple website, especially the discussion forums. You might find something there. You might have to restore your phone, like I had to. You should be able to find the procedure to restore easily on the Apple website. Also try to go into DFU mode, restore to the last FW 2.xx.xx using itunes DFU and patch. For more info about iPhone DFU mode, see this: How to put your iPhone in DFU mode

No need to Restore. I had this problem several times with my Iphone 3g, everything I do is my precious Hard Reboot.

You need only hold at the same time the home button and power button until the phone restarts itself.