Thread: IBM Thinkpad..turn off numberpad?

IBM Thinkpad..turn off numberpad?

I have a IBM Thinkpad T42 and it is been installed with Windows 7. The problem is with the number pad. There is no such numberpad key but I have no idea suddenly the function is turned on. Now it is not getting off I have no idea what could have been the issue. Also I have installed wireless card. Please help me out. It would be a great help. Thank you.

Re: IBM Thinkpad..turn off numberpad?

I would suggest you to go to the BIOS settings and then make the things to work out well. You can make the feature to be disabled from there. So look out for the thing and then make the device to perform well. You can get the settings for disabling the numberpad problem. So perform the action and get to a better conclusion.

Te problem basically seems with the Keyboard controller IC. So you need to work out well by servicing the same. If the issue is not solved well by BIOS then you need to check out for the issue by taking the device to the manufacturer and servicing it. Under warranty would be no problem and you may not need to pay. So check out. I hope this may solve.

Did you try to use the function keys. Press the FN key6 and then the numeric lock key. you may then be able to turn it off. You can make the issue to be sorted well then. So do check out and make the implementation. You can work well and then the application or the keypad perform well. So check and sort the issue.

Format the system completely and then reinstall the system well. It is essential and necessary to check out for the thing. Performing the clean install can make the issue t o be sorted well. I hope you can then work well ad I have faced the same and sorted the issue accordingly by formatting the system. So try to work out using the thing and then implement the steps.

Check out the regional settings in the control panel option. Change the the desired settings in it. As it is been done you need to work by assigning the functions as default. This will also help to sort the issue. Do check out and process well. I hope you may then be able to sort the problem and make the keypad to perform normally.

I would suggest you to go for restore settings that is perform a system restore. That should also help you to get the issue to be sorted and make things to work in your way. All you need to do is to go to the start menu option and as it is been done you need to access to the all programs and then to the accessories. Now as it is been done you need to look out for system tools and then system restore. Set the date when the system was working with no issues.