Thread: LG RH177 - writer failed

LG RH177 - writer failed

I am having LG RH177 DVD HD recorder, it seem that the DVD writer in this unit failed. I need to replace the writer, can anyone suggest me a compatible LG writer that can run with my unit. I have also installed the GH22NP20 LG drive as the straight swap also removed base plate from the previous drive and attached it to new one. I do not know what is the problem but need the reason why LG RH177 - writer failed and also solution for that.

Re: LG RH177 - writer failed

I am also having similar problem, I thought that the problem is because of the region coding. May be the mis-match between the latest drive and the RH177, for that I have re-flashed the ROM’s for setting the it to be region free for both the players and for the drives also but there is no effect.
    I have also tried to set the Region2 but the problem remains the same “navigation fault” on few 'Genuine Discs' without any rhyme or reason.

Try to re-initialize I mean try to restore the factory default setting of the player using the controller but do it cautiously because it will remove all the previous recordings which you have saved.

Do restore since you are having the issue with the player and not with the drive in the computer system. I hope that restoring the system will definitely help you.

Hi everyone,

I am having RH177 DVD-HDD recorder, I have fitted the internal parts from a GSA H10A burner for the existing drive. I have also set the jumper setting to the cable and also selected my recorder and now it is working fine to be more precise it is working faster that it was previously. If you are having similar problem I will suggest you do the same.

Hello,
    I have set the Loader Jumper to the “Cable Select” as mentioned in the reply and one more thing I have also set it to 'Master’.
    Did I have to set the Jumper on the 'GH22NP20 LG' to the cable select, as you have mentioned that the player was having the issue and not the drive? I have tried everything which I but did not resolved the problem.