Thread: UN55B8500 Discontinued

UN55B8500 Discontinued

I have just bought a new Samsung UN55B8500 and i have a bit complicated problem that i do not find any of the 8 series tvs of Samsung on the samsung web site. Can anybody tell me that is it problem with the TV series as if it would be then it might happen that in future they do not provide service for those series. So i better replace my TV with some other as it is not time have gone. I getting an error that "This product is no longer available"? on the web site.

Re: UN55B8500 Discontinued

I have even bought the same series of LCD TV and i have not searched for the more on world wide web about my TV but i was just roaming around the web and saw one really an attractive model of TV so in between i tried to search for my TV too and directly came across your post. It seems like me too have got caught in this situation by buying this series.

This should be the samsung web site issue as there might have been taken much long time then the normal one to update the products on their web site. And i guess the series of samsung about which you are talking have recently launched. I think you should wait for some time to get the information about your TV in an official internet web site. But make sure that you have bought this TV from a genuine store and you have got a genuine product.

I had chat for this topic with the technical support representative and rather i explain the whole concept to you, Below I have pasted the chat itself.

Norman : Hello, I am a Samsung Technical Support representative. How may I assist you today?
    Me : hi
    Norman : Let me know the issue.
    Me : i want to inquire about samsung un55b8000 tv i just bought
    Me : i saw that it is nolonger available..
    Norman : Go ahead with the query.
    Me : was there any issue with the tv?
    Me : i bought it like last week...
    Norman : This model is a limited version model. Samsung is beginning production on our 2010 models and will no longer be producing this model. Other models will still be in production until March of 2010 when the 2010 lineup will be released.
    Me : so is it going to be supported?
    Me : is there a upgrade/exchange program for these TV's?
    Norman : It will be supported.
    Me : i have spend $3k on this set i want to make sure there is nothing wrong with the set
    Norman : There is nothing wrong but as it is a limited version model, Samsung stopped producing them.
    Me : so new features like 3d and widget support will come to these version as firmware upgrade?
    Norman : Yes.
    Me : oh thats cool..
    Me : you are sure about the 3d support right?
    Norman : Yes, it will.
    Norman : Can I be of any further assistance?
    Me : oh cool..you made my day..
    Me : i had another question about netflix widget support on these sets...
    Norman : You're welcome. Is there anything else I can assist you with?
    Norman : Let me check it.
    Me : do you have any ETA on this?
    Norman : I did not get you.
    Me : i mean netflix support is not yet there but seems like it is planned..i was wondering when it will be supported
    Me : as a widget on the tv
    Norman : I am sorry, I do not have any information about it.
    Me : oh ok..
    Me : thanks..

From my point of view there is no need to worry about it as you have got a good series of TV but as it would a planned to make limited models for this series of TV so they have stopped their production. Please notice that there is not fault with your TVs and you would be having those Tvs on their Web site soon i guess.