Thread: Poor connection speeds on macbook pro

Poor connection speeds on macbook pro

Hello friends, I am having some issue regarding the internet speed at my place. I have the Desktop as well as the Apple MacBook Pro. The internet connection speed is poor on Macbook pro but working fine on the desktop computer system. I have the wireless router and the MacBook Pro is connected wirelessly to the internet. So what can i do to resolve this issue?

Re: Poor connection speeds on macbook pro

First i would like to know that, You are using the internet at the same time on the desktop computer and the Apple MacBook Pro of yours..., Because this issue come with many people when they surf on the internet by connecting to two systems at the same time. So first provide this required info. If you are doing so, then disconnect the desktop from internet. after that the internet will work properly on the Apple MacBook pro of yours.

I think you are browsing on the internet along with the downloading. If you are downloading something on the Apple MacBook Pro and along with browsing the internet then obviously the surfing speed will be very slow. The reason for that is, the download fetches all the bandwidth and very little is available for the browsing purpose.

I will suggest you to check the download and the internet surfing speed by connecting the Apple MacBook Pro with the LAN cable and not with the Wi-Fi network. If the download and the surfing speed is increased then it is because you are using it on two systems at the same time. I dont think there is any other reason is possible for this issue.

It is possible that there is some problem in the Apple MacBook Pro of yours because of which you are getting this kind of internet browsing issue. First of all clear all the browsing history, cache, cookie , temporary internet files from the MacBook Pro and the Safari web browser of the Apple MacBook Pro. Try this out. Because i am pretty sure this is the reasons for the poor connection speeds on macbook pro of yours.