Thread: Can't connect to internet w/ Satellite A505 s6980

Can't connect to internet w/ Satellite A505 s6980

Hello there, I have Toshiba Satellite A505 s6980 laptop which is installed with Windows XP operating system. The problem with I am facing is that I Can't connect to internet w/ Satellite A505 s6980. I am trying to connect to the wireless router for accessing internet but I am not able to connect to the router. So if anybody else is facing same problem with the laptop then please let me know.

Re: Can't connect to internet w/ Satellite A505 s6980

Check if the router which you are trying to connect is configured properly for accessing Internet using Wireless connection. For accessing Internet using Wireless connection, the router must be configured properly. If the router is not configured properly then the device will not be able to connect to the router. To check if the router is configured properly or not, login to the router and open the configuration page. Get the proper settings for the router from the ISP and then check if the router is configured according to the settings. If there are any settings to be changed, do it and save the configuration. Reboot the router and check if the network works.

The devices which are connected to the router get the IP address assigned by the DHCP. If the DHCP on the router is not working properly then the devices which are connected to the router will not be assigned IP address. Such devices will not be able to access all the network resources. Therefore check if the DHCP on the router is working properly or not. To check if the DHCP on the router is working properly or not, login to the router and disable the DHCP. Enable the DHCP again and save the configuration. Restart the router. Now the laptop will work properly.

Network interface card on the computer is responsible for establishing and maintaining the network connection. If the network interface card on the computer is not working properly then the laptop will not be able to connect to the router. To check the Network Interface card, type "ping 127.0.0.1" in the Run tab and hit enter. Check the errors which are encountered while sending and receiving data. Ideally there should be no error but if there is any error in data sent and received then you will have to replace the network interface card as it is faulty.

All the devices which are connected to the computer require a set of drivers to be installed on the computer. Drivers act as translator between the operating system and the device. If the appropriate drivers are not installed then the device will not work properly. To check if the appropriate drivers for the network adapter are installed and working on the computer, right click on My computer and select the Device manager. Check if there are any caution signs then follow the troubleshooting procedure. If the troubleshooting does not help then try and update the drivers of network adapter.