Thread: Getting error 13014 while synchronizing Ipod Classic 120 GB

Getting error 13014 while synchronizing Ipod Classic 120 GB

Hello there, I have an Apple 120Gb Ipod classic which I connect to my desktop computer which is running on Windows 7 operating system. The Ipod was working fine but from past few days I am Getting an error 13014 while synchornizing Ipod Classic 120 GB with my computer. I tried to find the solution but I was not able to and hence I need your help in solving the issue. Is the Ipod faulty? For additional information I am using iTunes 9.0 and I have recently upgraded the operating system on my computer.

re: Getting error 13014 while synchronizing Ipod Classic 120 GB

The operating system which you are using must be creating some problems while synchronizing the Ipod. Earlier version of Windows 7 have lot of incompatibility issue with lot of devices. Due to this incompatibility issue, lot of devices do not work properly in Windows 7. The main reason for such incompatibility issue is unavailability of the drivers. Visit the official website of Apple and download the latest drivers which are available for the model of the Ipod which you are using. Once the appropriate drivers are installed, you will not face the same problems while syncing the Ipod.

The connecting cord which is used to connect the Ipod to the computer is an USB cord. USB cord consist of many lines of conductors which can get damaged due to improper storage or handling. Also the connecting terminals of the cord sometimes get oxidized due to which the devices do not get detected. If the connecting cord itself is faulty then the communication between the Ipod and the computer will not be proper. Therefore I will suggest you to change the connecting cord and check if the same error persists. You can also try and change the port on which the Ipod is connected.

Itunes version which is installed on the computer must be having some problems due to which you are facing such issues while synchronizing the Ipod. The applications which are installed on the computer have lot of files associated to it. If any of the files which is associated to the application is missing or corrupt on the computer then the application will not work properly. You will have to replace all the files which are corrupt or missing on the computer. Uninstall the itunes from the computer and remove all the files/keys which are related to the application from the computer. Reinstall iTunes again and see if the same problem continues or not.

Sometimes the firmware of the Ipod gets stuck while executing some instruction. If such a situation occurs then the Ipod will not get detected by the computer till the Ipod is brought out of the loop. To bring the Ipod out of the loop, you will have to reset the Ipod manually. To reset the Ipod manually, press and hold the menu and center click button. Keep the buttons pressed till the Ipod displays Grey screen with an Apple logo. As soon as the grey screen appears, release the button and let the Ipod restart. Connect the Ipod and see if you are getting the same error or not.

I think the firmware of the Ipod has got corrupt due to which the Ipod is not working properly. You will have to restore the Ipod inorder to bring it back to working state. To restore the Ipod, connect the Ipod to the computer and then open Itunes. Click on the device connected tab and select Ipod. Now click on the Restore button on the Right hand side of the screen. Let the procedure complete. Do not disconnect the Ipod from the computer till the procedure is complete. Once the procedure is complete, check if the Ipod is working properly.