Thread: Screen freezes in Macbook Pro

Screen freezes in Macbook Pro

Hello there, I have been using Mac systems for a long time and have never faced such problems with it before. I have recently bought a Macbook Pro which is installed with Mac OS X Snow leopard on it. The macbook was working properly till yesterday but now the Screen freezes in Macbook Pro while opening certain application. When this happens I have to restart the computer manually. I have no idea as in what must be causing such problem and hence need your help in solving the issue. Any suggestions are more than welcome.

Re: Screen freezes in Macbook Pro

The operating system which you are using is corrupt according to me. Operating system which is installed on the computer has lot of files which are associated to it. If any of the files which are associated to the operating system is corrupt or missing on the computer then the computer will not work properly. Therefore if you have the installation disk of the operating system which you are using. Then insert it in the drive and let the system boot from the disk. When the installer gives the options for installation, then select Archive/install mode which will enable you to use the applications which are installed on the previous operating system. Once the operating system is reinstalled, check if the problem still persists or not.

Most of the problems which are related to the Mac systems are solved by doing a PRAM reset. Sometimes invalid entries get stored in the system memory of the computer. If the system memory of the computer gets flooded with the invalid entries then the operating system will not work properly. To clear all the invalid entries from the system RAM, you will have to perform a PRAM reset. To perform a PRAM reset, shut down the laptop and locate the following keys (Apple, Option, R and P). Press and hold the following keys while booting the computer. Keep the keys pressed till 3 startup chimes are heard. When the third chime is heard, release the keys and let the system boot.

I suspect that the computer is getting overheated due to which the system is getting stuck. The graphics which are visible on the computer are processed and produced by the graphic processing unit. While processing graphics, the graphics processing unit of the computer gets heated up. If the GPU of the computer gets heated up above the threshold level then it will shut itself down to prevent further damage to the unit which will result in system freeze. Therefore check the temperatures of all the components of the computer and if they are overheated then implement some cooling solutions.

The new Macbooks which are released have Intel processors. All the lower functions of the computer are controlled by the SMC and not the processor. Therefore if the SMC is not working properly it has to reset to bring it back to working state. To reset the SMC of the laptop, shut down the computer and disconnect it from the AC source. Remove the battery and press the power button. Keep the button pressed for about 30 seconds and then let the system sit for about a minute. Now replace the battery and see if the laptop is working properly.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"