Thread: Kindle 2 not working in Windows 7

Kindle 2 not working in Windows 7

Hello, I am facing a weird problem with my Kindle 2. I have a desktop computer which was installed with Windows XP operating s system. I used to connect my Kindle 2 to the computer to transfer data on the Kindle. I recently upgraded the operating system on my computer to Windows 7 and after upgradation, Kindle 2 is not detected by the computer. I cant figure out what is causing the problem and hence I need your help in solving the issue. Therefore if anybody else knows why Kindle 2 is not working in Windows 7 then please share some information about the problem which might help me in solving the issue.

Re: Kindle 2 not working in Windows 7

Check if the connecting cord which is used to connect the Kindle to the computer is proper. The connecting cord which is used to connect the Kindle to the computer is a USB cord. USB cord consist of many lines of conductors which can get damaged due to improper handling and storage. Also the connecting terminals of the connecting cord may get oxidized due to which the device which is connected will not get detected. Therefore I would suggest you to change the connecting cord and check if the device is getting detected or not.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

Windows 7 has lot of compatibility issues with many of the manufacturers of the device. Due to this incompatibility issue, many of the devices do not work properly on the Windows 7 platform. This incompatibility issue rises due to unavailability of the appropriate drivers. Hence I will suggest you to visit the official site of the manufacturer of Kindle, find and download the latest drivers for the device which you are using and which is supported by Windows 7. After installing appropriate drivers, check if the device is getting detected or not.

Try and reset the device and then connect it to the computer to see if the device is getting detected. Firmware of the device is a software which can get corrupt or can get stuck while working. If such a situation occurs then the device will not get detected in Windows 7. Therefore try and reset the device and see whether it gets detected. To reset the device, move the slider key to the right and keep it holding it to the right for about 30 seconds. After 30 seconds release the key and let the device sit for about a minute. Connect it to the computer and see if it is getting detected or not.

I was also facing the same problem with the Kindle which I am using. I tried to search for all the available solutions so that the device gets detected on the system but finally I found out that the device is faulty due to which it is not getting detected on the system. I contacted the customer support of Amazon and got it replaced. So I suggest that you contact the customer support of Amazon and get the device replaced.