Thread: How to Update Kindle dx firmware

How to Update Kindle dx firmware

Recently i have purchased Kindle dx e book reader. Now i want to update the kindle dx firmware, can anybody have an idea or suggest how can i update. Thank you in advance.

Automatically Update Kindle dx firmware

I had update Kindle dx by whispernet . If it is connected to whispernet , install automatically Kindle update file when Kindle goes into sleep mode. You need to reboot for update installation. Also you download and update Kindle dx by amazon official site, You need to registered with site.

Update the Kindle dx by Amazon

First you should download update file from Amazon.com, then connect your Kindle to your PC via USB cable. Once Kindle USB is copy the download file to the root folder, you need to unmount the drive safely remove installed hardware icon in the system tray.then disconnect Kindle from PC. Then go the home screen and press menu and select setting and then select 'update your kindle'. After update is installed your Kindle will reboot.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

Online Update of Kindle dx firmware

You need to update firmware by Kindle built in wireless connection. The update is free in Amazon website. Just need to connect to Amazon official website and download update file from there.

Online update of Kindle Version 2.3

Amazon Kindle is released Kindle Version 2.3 that will be download from Amazon website. The new firmware contains Better cropping of PDF files, Option to convert PDF files to Kindle format and View pages longer features. You need to the wireless connection is activate and Kindle goes into sleep mode. During the update, you will see screens that show the update in progress. The update should take less than 10 minutes and is complete when Kindle displays the Home screen. Do not power off or reset your Kindle until the update is complete.