Thread: How to Tether IPhone

How to Tether IPhone

Hi,

I am having Vodaphone 3g network, I want to do tethering via usb cable. Can anyone tell me how to do it ?? if its possible to tether the iphone's 3g GPS signal? if yes what kind of software would i need ?

Re: How to Tether IPhone

You may want to try and install the DellEFi en5, To Tether IPhone, disconnect the iPhone first. Go to the Network preference pane. Regardless if you're using the automatic location or a predefined location, try creating a new one. Quit System Preferences . Connect the iPhone, launch the Network preference pane. In network you will see the iphone, for me it comes up as en5 it may be another number for you.

For the test tethering home where you normally have your MAC connected to a network, disconnect the ethernet port and turn off the port. then plug IN the iphone, let him do it the syncing and backup with itunes and then ON the tethering . A new network interface appears in network prefs. tethering would have to start working from that moment is without further delay. If the interface is not receiving activated automatically select and select "active service brand" from the tools pop-up menu.

There is a will there is a other way. An alternative would be to use a iphone (APP like "gpsed" or any other GPS APP where you can save/Export/upload this and the iphones current location to either e-mail, or a file, or something similar here. So this way would you do not have a "live" GPS location but at least you will be able to transfer the location in your computer and then use coordinates, to do what you want.

Try MyWi to Tether IPhone, it allows you to turn your iPhone 3G into a WiFi Hotspot that you can connect multiple devices to. MyWi can connect your laptop to the internet through WiFi, bluetooth, or directly through USB. The app only works with the iPhone 3G at the moment, but they are working on adding the iPhone 3G[s] to the supported devices.

Source : rotilda